2.07.2011

Student quote of the day (Don't worry, it's a good one):

"Ms. Sarte, you're my favorite teacher. You explain things...and I actually remember them." - Freshman music major

So, it was a sunny and warm (40°) day today. However, it is T-minus 24 hours until Snowpocalypse #2 is scheduled to touch down. The foreboding newscast this morning on my way to work: "Well, folks, it's a beeeautiful morning here as we begin our workweek. And it will continue to be so for the next two days. But then things will...change." Whatevs. I freaking love having these days off of work. It allows me to indulge in my most current obsession: Taking pictures of the Beebla!

Sunday was our first day of deliriously warm sunshine after last week's snow armageddon, and nobody enjoyed its presence more than the household animals. Here they are basking in its warm glowing warming glow:

For this photo, I simply had to watch Bela as he meandered over to the sun room and posed majestically. Click. Done. 

 With BB, I had to lure her over right next to the windows with chicken treats. And then I had to say "Sit. SIT. Good, now.... no SIT! ...Okay now staaaaay. STAAAAY. No, BB, SIT!!" This went on for twenty minutes.

 I was preparing breakfast in the kitchen the other day when I looked over and saw BB just sitting there on her puppy pad staring at me right in front of this nightlight. The placement of it all made me think of how when people have a bright idea, they're often portrayed as having a light bulb appear above their head. And how, yeah... at best BB can barely manage a dim flickering nightlight. But she's still the cutest ever.

 Bela looking very contemplatively out the window. I got up to go see what held him in such captivation. There was nothing.

 Can't decide whether I like this photo more in color or black and white.

 This pic was courtesy of Schmoobs. Apparently, I had fallen asleep in the middle of the afternoon curled up under a pillow with BB's rump right against my face.

 If kitty cats had their own version of GQ magazine, Bela would definitely make the front cover.

All I can see in this picture is Bela flexing and licking his guns.

* * *

And now, an assortment of stills:



(I think this and the next one are my faves.)

No comments:

Post a Comment