2.01.2011

It is effing COLD up in hurr.

Like, colder than New York City cold.

Look:
Dallas-ish


New York City

So Schmoobles and I (SNOOOOW DAAAAY!!!) ventured outside in the arctic tundra where I almost slipped and shattered my pelvis like twelve times to obtain some delicious Mexican breakfast (beans, forbidden cheese and coffee...what better way to start your day?), go to the pet store for sundry pet treats and sweaters (yup), and to Target for firewood and half-off clearance wooly mittens for me. 

Hey, do you know what is an excellent idea directly after recovering from a wholly unpleasant 24-hour stomach bug? Dairy. Lots and lots of dairy. Like homemade lasagna with ricotta, cheddar and parmesan for dinner. And then queso with your Mexican breakfast. And then yogurt purchased at the store to be consumed in the near future. When I go, I go BIG. *runs off to Google "unhealthy stool"*

Also: Hey, good news! The kitty doctor told us that Bela's blood work came back clean and perfect. Yay! No thyroid problems, no diabetes. So we are just going to perhaps toy around with feeding him more wet food as a part of his regular diet (he's been on primarily plain old dry kibble for forever) to see if that will put just a bit more meat on his bones. But we also talked to another vet today and he said that as long as his lab results came back clear, we shouldn't be overly concerned with him having lost a bit of weight, especially in light of the fact that he is now a "senior." His point that an overweight cat is much more prone to potential health risks than a svelte kitty was a good one, that we hadn't thought of. 

And in How To Call Out Your Students While Still Retaining "Cool Teacher" Status news:


Note: This is the first and only time I've ever commented on a current student's Facebook, but I felt like I had to make my presence known...

Truth be told, I was upset that they were Facebooking during class for maybe half a second - but then I realized that there really isn't anything much I can do to monitor it since that class is like 65 students big and taught in a lecture hall in a building that has wifi. And if those students who have their laptops out during my lectures aren't using them to take notes like I believe them to be doing - at least most of the time - then it'll be their own fault when they fail the class anyway, because we go through material quickly in that class. I think they realized that after last Friday's quiz. Plus, like I said - Hey, at least they're posting quotes from the lecture. Haha... But now they know I'm keen to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment