1.01.2014

2014: The Year of Re-Blogging! (Hopefully!) (Maybe!)

New Years Resolutions:

1. Study every day for my upcoming Common Exams. Luckily, these exams are at the end of January, so this resolution won't have to last for too long.

2. Cut gluten out for a month. 30 days of no bread, you guys. Agh. But my face skin has been so unbelievably dry and chapped and I want to see if maybe a wheat aversion is to blame. My recent bout of skin chapping and itchiness may have been spurred by a certain recent visit with a beer mega-sampler during my visit home. Whoopsie daisies. Also, I snacked on some brownies yesterday before running some errands with Schmooblebons, and I was basically comatose the whole time.

3. Blog more. Look, I'm already doing it!


ps. Besides the blogging, the resolutions will begin tomorrow.

Also, New Years Eve last night was fun. We celebrated with a small group of university faculty members at one of their houses last night. Long story short, I was the only pretty-sober person out of a roomful of very much non-sober senior faculty members. We ate delicious hors d'ouevres, played board games, and drank some kind of "punch" that had bourbon, honey, and prosecco. And then the group battled over whether to watch football or the New Years eve countdown. I stayed out of the fracas, like a good little unassuming graduate student. Schmoobs, on the other hand, kicked up his heels while sitting on the recliner and wailed like an angry toddler when the channel was turned away from the Chik-Fil-A Bowl. Good times. 


Also, please to enjoy my puffy, post-New Years Eve, pre-gluten free face:


Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment