1.07.2014

Pics of today.

The frigid temperatures (POLAR VORTEX ATTAAACK ARR ARR ARRR!) mean that today has been a fire-all-day kind of day. We've recently been doing a healthy bit of home office organizing, during which a lot of housecleaning - and furniture purchasing...- has occurred. Amongst the many bags and boxes of trash that has been sorted were a box of Schmoobs' old checkbooks for an account that is now cancelled. He was set to just put it in the trash, but then I was like, "Are you sure you just want to toss them? Wouldn't it be safer to burn them?" Look at me, looking out for his identity and financial security. Also: I like to burn things. Anyone, we burned one today. I snapped a pic because it seemed almost poetic regarding the amount of money we have spent recently on the new home office furnishings. Oy.

This afternoon, I found Tre sitting on the couch directly in the path of a sunbeam shining in through the glass pane of our door, which refracted and created a rainbow. It was really pretty. I couldn't get Tre to sit still in one position long enough to get just one damned focused shot. Blargh.

I cooked this tonight. It was experimental and tasty. Also, it was a conglomeration of things we still had in our fridge/pantry after being housebound due to the POLAR VORTEX ARRRR!! of the past couple days. I think it is very similar to a traditional Middle Eastern dish. Also, in its traditional form, it is supposed to be eaten with grilled bread. Which I could not do because we only have illegal gluten-full bread in the house. AAAH I WANT BREAD YOU GUYS. NOWWW. So, that's going well.

And I made oven barbecue chicken. Barbecue sauce, sriracha, and honey make a delightful marinade/glaze, fyi. 385 oven for about an hour and these drumsticks come out poifect, I'm telling you.

I still want bread. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment