1.04.2014

The actual news from New Years Day.



Bling a ding ding!

I'm typing this up on my phone so I am going to cut straight to the chase.

I suspected that something could be up when Schmoobs was more insistent than customary that we go to a nice dinner on New Years Day. He even took the initiative to call every nice restaurant we knew of in town to make reservations. Unfortunately, as we found, lots of places like to close on January 1. Hindsight doy. Eventually, we were able to find a place that was open. It wasn't super fancy, but had a nice atmosphere. We ate dinner, had a drink. Nothing happened, so I forgot about my earlier suspicions. Then Schmooblebons took my hands from across the table and asked me nonchalantly what I did last Friday, while we were both in California for the holidays. It then went something like this:

Ys: "Oh! Last Friday?... Hm. I think I... Wait. Did I...? Wait when was Christmas? Wednesday, right? Okay, so we went to Fairfield on Wednesday... And when did we go to Oakland?"

Scott: "Sunday."

Ys: "Oh. Ok, yeah, so we went to Oakland on Sunday."

Scott: "...okay..."

Ys:"Oh yeah! So Friday I went with Jaime and Alba to go shopping in Vacaville with Kristina and the girls! Hahaha. Duh!"

Scott: "OKAY. So...remember how I texted you and told you I was helping my brother move that day?"

Ys: "Yeah."

Scott: "I didn't do that. I went to Santa Rosa to talk to your parents..."

Ys: : "What? ...Ooohhhh..."

And then I got it.

Haha.

Schmoobs and my sister were in cahoots to get me out of my parents' house that day! What sneaky sneaks! And my parents totally gave NOTHING away when I got back! What?! I tip my hat to you guys in this round...

Anyway. We went ring shopping the next day in the frozen arctic tundra that is the east-midwest this winter. Seriously, you guys, it was SO COLD outside. I found the ring about five minutes into our first store, but, of course, felt obligated to spend the next three hours shopping at that and like five other stores to be sure. And then five minutes before closing, we took our sled dogs (kidding) back to the first store and made the purchase.

And then I had to wait three days while it was set and resized (I apparently have elfin fongers, you guys) before actually getting it today.

And then I proceeded to have a BB and Tre blingy photoshoot so that we could make The Facebook Announcement. Honestly, it was nice having those few days where nobody knew except for our immediate families and a select few close friends. Mainly because we knew that once Facebook knew, we would be bracing ourselves for the inevitable "Finally! It's about damn time!" comments. Har.


Anyway.

Happiness all around. Also, questions all around. Such as:

1. Am I supposed to wear this thing all the time? Like in the shower? Or when making meatballs?

2. How in the hell exactly does one plan a wedding? (Seriously.)

3. I saw a really pretty white dress on the interwebz for like $100. Is it possible to wear a $100 wedding dress that you bought online?

Stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment