2.09.2006

An unnecessarily angry phone call and other things...

Knoxville Symphony Society office, 11:15am:

Me: Knoxville Symphony. How can I help you?

Old geezer: I just got a card in the mail from you guys that says "Come meet Doc Severinsen." ...What kind of doctor is he?

Me: Sir, Doc Severinsen is the former bandleader of the Tonight Show and is the featured guest artist in our upcoming Pops con--

Angry old geezer: Now why would I want to meet somebody like that?!

Me: Well, he is a great trumpet pla--

Angry and rude old geezer: {click.}


Somebody promise me that if I ever end up so bitter at the world -- to the extent that I get unnecessarily angry upon receiving an invitation to meet a world-famous musician -- you will just sneak up behind me and slap me upside the head. And then give me an atomic wedgie.

****

In other news: the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy begin tomorrow!! Is anyone out there as excited as I am??!! I am planning to host a small get-together at our apartment for other fellow Olympics-lovers after work tomorrow evening. Meaning, I will be sitting at home celebrating the Opening Ceremonies by myself (along with Scott, who has lovingly said he would watch them with me even if nobody else shows up...) because apparently nobody else in Tennessee shares my love for the Olympics. Hahaha. We'll see.

In other other news: Ysabel's first official KSO paycheck comes in T-minus 6 days! Is it sad that my first order of business* upon receiving said paycheck is to buy massive quantities of thermal long-underwear? It is cold as iiiiice here in Knoxville. Well, it is for me anyway.


* Yes yes yes ... I, of course, mean after paying my bills and buying various thank-you presents for my parental and brotherly figures for loaning me millions of dollars during my Decrepit Years (i.e. every day of my life since becoming a musician).

2 comments:

  1. Lol, that's just crazy! Some people... Congrats on your first paycheck being almost here! Woot! I will definitely call you about 4620 or Etc., but it probably won't be until after my recital! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time reader, first time commenter.
    I get a thank you present?!!!! Yay! Star*ucks rasberry mocha please.
    Big Brother is watching....

    ReplyDelete