2.23.2006

Reason #1,087,378 Why Ysabel should never have money at her leisure

One of the things I like to do when I have (sort-of) dispensible income is dare people to eat either a) something gross, or b) something in large quantities for a certain amount of money. Does anyone else do this? I once convinced my friend Kyle to eat a plate full of cake frosting for $2. I don't know which is more troubling, that I got such a kick out of it, or that Kyle was willing to do it for such a small sum of money.

Anyway, a couple of nights ago Scott and I went to eat dinner at this sushi place near the apartment. For no reason I suddenly got the urge to ask him what amount of money it would take for him to eat the entire lump of ginger on his plate in one bite. Turns out, he was willing to do it if I went to Blockbuster and returned and paid off the 3 movies that have been overdue on his account since God knows when. I don't think it was so much the money thing ("No more late fees!"), so much as the having to own up to the overdue-ness of it all. Which I have no problem with since it's not my name on the account. In fact, I'm looking forward to walking up to the counter and saying, "Hey, see that guy waiting outside in that truck? Yeah, that's my boyfriend. He's too scared to come in here and return the movies himself. Isn't he dreeeaaamy?" Hahaha. The best part is that, in the weeks and months we have had these three movies, we only ended up watching one of them.

Epilogue: Scott ate all the ginger, felt sick to his stomach for about an hour, and now I have to go to Blockbuster and pay off his late fees.

***

Also: Speaking of ingesting questionable foodstuffs, the other night I met up with a couple of friends for dinner after work (Sushi...again.), then came home, plopped myself down on the couch, and got ready for a delightful night of uninterrupted Olympics-viewing.

However, after about half an hour my stomach started feeling icky and I was afraid I was going to start vomiting. You know that feeling when your body starts preparing itself for puking? You break into a cold sweat and your mouth starts producing that gross acidic saliva. Ewwwww. So I curled myself up in my warm snuggly childhood comforter and willed the vomit-feelings to go away. Then I started to get that achy feeling all over where it hurts to even have anything touch your skin. I think at one point I actually got angry at my sweater for daring to touch my arm.

And then Scott called (who, oh yeah, is in Seattle for Round 1 of his doctoral program auditions) to talk because he had found out earlier that he had been accepted to the University of Washington with a full ride. Huzzah! I am very proud of him. Anyway, I tried to express my happiness and excitement over the news, but all that came out was, "Congratulationnnnns...bleeeeeeaaaaaahhhh.... I am really happy for y-- uuuuuuuuuugggggg..." Something to that effect.

Anyway, I am blaming the grossness on the mixture of sushi, mochi and red wine that I had at dinner. Also, perhaps the fact that I started on this sudden less-coffee-more-water health kick and drank an estimated 80+ ounces of water at work that day (which may have been a little bit overboard?). I literally went to the bathroom over 10 times during the course of the workday. Ok, that's all. Peace out.

Oh wait! One more thing! Ladies figure-skating long program tonight. Very excited. Ugh, I do have to admit now (bleah) that Cohen is a talented skater. Let's just hope she doesn't choke in the long program like she's done since ... oh, always.

2 comments:

  1. awww. am i a friend, or just that weird guy that tags along? ;-) jk. i hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are now worthy of being called one of my friends :) I'm sure you feel honored...

    ReplyDelete