2.27.2006

Olympics Check-in #3 (The Finale) and other things...

#1: Apolo won Gold!!! Wheeeeee!!!

#2: The Closing Ceremonies were last night. This officially signals my weeks-long decent into post-Olympics withdrawal depression. Thank goodness there's still Project Runway and Seinfeld reruns to keep my heart distracted from the reality that I will be Olympics-less for the next 2 cold, black years.

#3: On an uplifting note: The next Winter Olympics will be in Vancouver, BC!! This is potentailly tres exciting for me for a very specific reason (more on that soon....). Other than the fact that we went there on a band trip in high school and I fell in love with the city.

****

In other news: it was a fairly busy morning at work today as I had a lot of administrative/clerical chores to take care of all at once, but I have since blasted through all of those in a swift and efficient manner and have nothing pressing to do now. Especially since the Bossman is out of town for the next 3 days. Well, I guess I could attempt to finish transcribing the minutes from last week's Executive Committee meeting, which I keep putting off for no other reason than that I cannot decipher the harried notes that I took during my note-taking frenzy that morning. Hey, you try to take clear and concise minutes during a 2-hour long meeting beginning at 7 in the morning. Anyway, at least I have until the next Exec meeting to have those done so I can continue exercising my Right to Free Procrastination until then.

Also: I have been (Miracle of Miracles!) practicing the ol' devil stick again. It feels good, I have to say, minus the part about the crappy reeds being either too hard or too soft (blah blah blah). Here's a sad truth: I am 509% more likely to practice consistently if I just keep my clarinet out next to a music stand full of music. I've found that if all I have to do to practice my clarinet is literally pick up the horn and slap a reed on it, I have no problems playing it everyday (or so). I even look forward to it. But if the task of practicing involves me actually lugging out the gig bag and putting all the pieces together, my laziness will overtake me and I will find an excuse to not practice. Isn't that sad? At least I can admit to it now.

****

In the meantime, on to more surfing the web and mentally planning my lunch hour freedom!!

2 comments:

  1. Get a miniature tape recorder/minidisc thingie? Then you wouldn't have to take notes, and could just transcribe the recording. Just a thought. You enjoyed that transcription stuff in ethno and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot for practicing! I wish I could practice every day...I have time, but I just don't have the motivation. Right now I'm more motivated to stab my teacher in the eye with my bow...

    ReplyDelete