11.26.2006

A lunatic am I.


You are The Moon

Hope, expectation, Bright promises.


The Moon is a card of magic and mystery - when prominent you know that nothing is as it seems, particularly when it concerns relationships. All logic is thrown out the window.


The Moon is all about visions and illusions, madness, genius and poetry. This is a card that has to do with sleep, and so with both dreams and nightmares. It is a scary card in that it warns that there might be hidden enemies, tricks and falsehoods. But it should also be remembered that this is a card of great creativity, of powerful magic, primal feelings and intuition. You may be going through a time of emotional and mental trial; if you have any past mental problems, you must be vigilant in taking your medication but avoid drugs or alcohol, as abuse of either will cause them irreparable damage. This time however, can also result in great creativity, psychic powers, visions and insight. You can and should trust your intuition.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.


Thanks to Sarah L. for that quiz :)


***


In other news: My poor Scott is stranded in the Denver airport (Or is it somewhere in Wyoming? Is it bad that I don't even know?) today. He left on Friday to head the initial audition/camp for the Troopers drum corps and was supposed to fly back into Seattle this morning -- except that his flight was overbooked and he's now been bumped from two flights. Damn you, airlines! Leave us be!!! Two potential problems that go along with this: 1) we have a Wind Ensemble rehearsal this evening, which, by the looks of it, will not be attended by Scott; and 2) Scott borrowed my luggage for this trip meaning, of course, that the airline will surely lose it. In case you were not aware, there is apparently an Unwritten Airline Code stating that, whenever Ysabel's luggage comes within a 1 mile radius of any airport, the bag must magically disappear and resurface in Chicago or Portland.


Also: I cooked Thanksgiving dinner and it was awesome, thank you very much. ...Okay, I should say that I cooked a roast chicken (turkey's too big for just two people...that was our justification) and veggies, and then warmed up some ready-made cranberry stuffing and pecan pie. Mmmmm... I have no qualms nor feelings of shame regarding eating ready-made food for Thanksgiving dinner because: 1) I was in a medicated haze at the time and still managed to turn out a delicious bird; and 2) I was then and still am in a flu-tainted fog and managed to not vomit inside my mouth even when having to handle and discard the neck and gizzards from the inner cavity of a cold, dead chicken. But I cut it close a couple of times. Also: 3) the stuffing and pecan pie was damn tasty. The only downside to the whole dinner was -- besides the fact as I have mentioned before that I was slightly nauseous the whole night and, hence, could not partake in the usual uncontrolled gorge-fest that is the glorious tradition -- that I seem to have forgotten about Scott's damned Infernal Defective Can Opener of Doom (yes, this very same one) and was not able to include my beloved jellied canned cranberry sauce as part of my dinner. Boo. So now there are two delicious uneaten cans of jellied cranberry sauce waiting for me in the cupboard and I know one definite thing I have to buy next time I'm in Target:


Oh! And also: It snowed last night! Wheee!

6 comments:

  1. Does he have an electric can opener? I can't figure those out at all. Bah. Stupid technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I say that it's a manual can opener, does that make it better or worse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes it the same. Not all manual can openers are created equal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should buy a French-Canadian house-boy to open cans for you. His name will be Phillipe, and he will do your bidding. All your friends will be jealous of your house-boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um...I didn't know it snowed in Seatle...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not supposed to...but we've had record rain and snowfall this month. I blame George Bush and Global Warming. The roads are all iced over today...meaning Ysabel is playing hooky from work! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete