11.28.2006

Snow Daaaaay!!!

Look, ma, we're in the news!

Hmm...what's better than waking up to a bright, white, pristine snowy day? Waking up to a bright, white, pristine snowy day and not going to work, that's what! Wheee! While a snowy landscape is really pretty, it's also very inconvenient and downright dangerous -- especially in a city like Seattle, which is utterly unaccustomed to having to deal with conditions like this. Last night, it took me 2 hours to drive the usual 8 mile route from work to home and Scott actually had a minor accident driving home from his rehearsal at UW. Because we are not supposed to get snow like this here,* the cities are poorly equipped with salt trucks and snow plows, so everyone was pretty much driving on black ice last night. Black ice, like my cold, black heart. Except my icy, black insides have been temporarily thawed due to the prospect of not having to do anything today except watch the Food Network.

Anyway, I decided to stay in, at least for the morning, so as to not slip and slide my way through the streets of Washington. But then I called in to work just a second ago, and was told to just stay home because they were going to go ahead and close down early anyway. Yahoo!! Nothing beats guiltless hooky. Also, our Wind Ensemble concert tonight has been postponed until Thursday. And now I may just say screw you! to my Invincible Flu and go play in the snow outside. Is that stupid? Don't worry, mom, I'll drink extra Xango to make up for it :)

Also, yesterday was my Dad's birthday. I'm sure he and my mother celebrated by sharing a nice bottle of wine with dinner and then settling in on the couch, watching good ol' Seinfeld reruns on DVD. They have good taste! Happy Birthday Papa!



* Thank you, Global Warming. I blame George Bush. Al Gore, save us!!

3 comments:

  1. Note to self: wow... must find Xango soon! Thank you for the education! (0;

    Enjoy the snow! I'm extremely jealous, which sounds ludicrous coming from someone in Ohio!!! (0:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to scrape ice off my car this morning. I used my Safeway Club Card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know it snowed in Seattle. Cool!

    ReplyDelete