11.14.2006

* nothing but sounds of Ysabel's rapture *

I went on my first real, good old fashioned, gloriously self-indulgent Target run since I could remember this evening.

Not the standard variety "I need some toilet paper" Target run, where you actually walk out of the store with just toilet paper. I'm talking about the "I'm only going to stop in to buy some flea bombs because of our g*d-damned flea-infested cat...aaand I'll just look around and see if there's anything else I need to buy" Target run, where you (meaning "I") walk out of the store with the following:

1. 3 cans of Blue Diamond almonds. Specifically, 2 cans of Smokehouse and 1 can of Jalapeno Smokehouse. Holy crap, so good. Scratch that. I mean, hooooooooly crap, SO GOOD.

2. Dried cranberries. Delicious and nutritious.

3. Dried cherries. They were next to the dried cranberries.

4. Cute shoes. Closed-toe Mary Jane wedges (i.e. I can wear them outside without getting my toes wet) which not only match exactly the dark brown shade of my purse, but were also on sale at 50% off. C'mon people, how could I not get them?

5. 2 bowls of Campbell's instant soup. 1 Italian Wedding and 1 Chicken Gumbo. By this point in the excursion, I had come to the realization that I was past the point of no return and would have to counter-balance the imminent destruction of my conservative budget and bring my lunch to work from home instead of going out to eat delicious Thai or Indian food as per usual. *sigh* The shoes are worth it.

6. 4 comfy t-shirts. In a variety of colors. They fit me snugly, as I prefer my t-shirts to do, without being from the little boys or the little girls section. They were in the ladies section, damnit. So I bought them. Also half-off. See Dad? I am good with money!

7. 2 sets of Raid flea bombs. I wasn't making it up. Bela has g*d-damned fleas.

8. 1 pack of flea death drops. Ugh.

9. 2 packs of gum. Come on now, you can't partake in a delirious Target run and not throw in a couple packs of gum at the cash register. I'm just glad I didn't end up buying a trashy magazine to top it all off. 'Cause that's just unnecessary impulse shopping.

Anyway, look, I haven't been able to do this sort of thing since I quit my last job, moved across the country and found a new job, so be happy for me and my uncontrollable, unhealthy relationship with Target. Payday is in 3 days and I decided to celebrate a little early :) And I mean, seriously, those smokehouse almonds? So. Freaking. Good.

***

On a somewhat related note, the other day I was at Walgreens and bought a 6-pack of Hanes tube socks. Men's. Size 6-11. Not for Scott. For me. Because I will be wearing boots for an indeterminate number of months straight - seeing as how the only other variety of shoe that I wear are sandals (well, until See Above happened), which happen to be an unintelligent choice during this time of year - and there are few things in my daily life that irritate me more than having my socks continuously slip down below the top of my boots so that the zipper part keeps scratching your skin everytime you walk. Anyway, these socks appear to be made for your standard-issue NBA player and, when stretched to it's full splendor, reach past my knees. It's awesome. No longer will my tender legs be unnecessarily irritated by the dreaded boot zipper. Huzzah!!

2 comments:

  1. Italian wedding soup?!??! That's like the best kind ever. Your entire Target excursion is completely justified. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was attempting to break in some costume boots back in June, and I didn't have socks that would stay up. I now sport a faint scar from where they cut my left calf. ):<

    ReplyDelete