6.20.2007

I got a raise! I got a raise! I got raise!

I'd elaborate, but I'm too busy doing backflips towards our fabulous outdoor heated pool while simultaneously popping open the bottle of Chateau St. Jean Gewurtraminer that I had been saving for a special occasion. Wheee!!! ...Okay, I may have been exaggerating ever so slightly. I am actually sitting on the couch typing on my laptop whilst trying not to vomit from the nausea because I had to take my left contact lens out (damn you, allergies!!) and now I'm getting a headache. But who the hell cares?! I got a raise!!!

Also, apparently, (UN)Lucky blew a hose. Whatever that means. He is all better now, but I am racking my brain trying to figure out how to go about getting myself to the car repair shop to pick him up without having to leave Scott's truck there. These are the things you have to figure out when you have no friends nearby, I guess. Bah.

ps. Speaking of taking my contact lens out: Right after I did it, my eye started watering like crazy and now it feels like somebody dropped some acid mixed with tabasco-laced lemon juice in there. Ugh. I will be counting down the hours until my (insurance covered! huzzah!) eye appointment this Friday where I anticipate collecting an entire year's worth of brand new contact lenses. Mmmm...non-crusty contact lenses.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Must've been what you were calling about last night, hmmm? Whatever happened to public transportation? Must have it in Seattle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the raise! Does this mean that the Ysabel coffer will suddenly be full?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. Now buy me a plane ticket so I can visit. I certainly deserve it after I wrote that great limerick for you.

    ReplyDelete