6.18.2007

In which Ysabel is served her Karmic retribution for poking (good-natured, alright?!) fun at the Catholic faith two posts ago...

So I have a meeting scheduled with Current Bossman this Wednesday to discuss a pay raise. As I walked into work this morning, I mentioned this fact to my assistant and the discussion eventually led to me saying these fateful words: "...because, you know, at the wage I'm earning right now, if something should, for example, happen to my car and I need to get it fixed, I wouldn't be able to afford it, and I don't want to deal with that..."

And I kid you not, later this afternoon as I was pulling into one of our other store locations to drop off a delivery, the temperature gauge on my dashboard all of a sudden shot up and my car f*ing overheated.

There are so many curse words I want to type out in a highly aggressive manner, full of italics, and CAPITALS and BOLDSPACE and UNDERLINES and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!! .....but I won't because I'm too scared out of my gourd to test the unforgiving and vindictive hands of fate any more than I already apparently have. So, to you, Universe, I say this: poopy doopies!!!

The bright side in all of this (and it took me several hours post-work -- after I had to ask my assistant and her husband for a ride home... -- of therapeutic phone calls to old friends and a lengthy dip in this pool to even reach the point where I can pull a 'bright side' out of my arse) is that I now have a fire under my butt about my current money situation and and completely determined to not leave my Wednesday meeting without (said with chin up and fist in the air) the salary I need and deserve! *sigh* Nothing like utter devastation and helplessness to motivate one to demand more money, eh? Anyway, now all I have to do is figure out a way get by between now and next Friday. First step tomorrow is to take Scott's truck back to the store parking lot where (UN!!!)Lucky is currently parked, gingerly drive (UN!!!)Lucky to the nearby VW repair-shop, flirt sufficiently with one of the mechanics so he will give me a lift back to the store, and pick up Scott's truck and head to work. Criminy. And now all of you just have to leave a comment here to make me feel better. And I think it should involve the words "gin" "tonic" and "I will buy you."

1 comment:

  1. I will buy you a gin and tonic... the next time I'm in Seattle, which, seeing as the Universe wants me to be a bum forever, I'm guessing might be never. :( But anyway, poor Lucky! I'll be crossing all applicable body parts for you to get that raise.

    ReplyDelete