6.11.2007

The Monday blues...

You know what's not a smart thing to do if you're all sad and girly-like after your boyfriend has gone out of town for the summer? Listen to Miss Saigon for like 5 days straight. I've been listening to it non-stop in my car for the past week and spent the majority of yesterday online watching an illegal pirated video of a Broadway production of it posted on YouTube. I'm so totally depressed. Stupid Chris* deserting Kim after knocking her up and then getting married to some white chick so that Kim has no choice but to kill herself so her illegitimate child can be raised in the United States! Ugh, not cool, man. Not cool.

***

In other news, today for lunch I went next door to Steve's and had a cup of navy bean soup. What I really wanted was to go across the street for more Tom Kha Gai, but I thought that 4 times in the last 5 days would be a little excessive. Anyway, turns out the navy bean was too salty and strangely congealed -- too much cornstarch for thickening, I presume -- and I would have been much better off getting my beloved Tom Kha. Lesson of the Day? There can never be such a thing as excessive Thai food consumption.

***

Oh, and one other thing: Some mysterious benefactor deposited $100 into my checking account last Friday. I have already asked my father and all of my siblings and they have all said that it wasn't them. It's not my mother because she is currently on the other hemisphere and -- I'm assuming -- not within any convenient distance of a Bank of America ATM. Who could it possibly be? I would be more thrilled at this mystery money if it didn't imply that somebody out there unbeknownst to me has my bank account number. Hm.



*Also? Peter Cousens = Worst Singer in the Role of Chris Ever.

1 comment:

  1. They are doing Miss Saigon here as we speak! www.merry-go-round.com. I'd go, but I'm quite broke. Bah.

    ReplyDelete