10.01.2007

Men are from Mars and Women are from Target.

Scenario: Ysabel any time she goes to Target with Scott

Ys: Okay, let's see...we need toilet paper and toothpaste.

Scott: Alright...

Ys: Oh, and we need some candles!

Scott: Okay.

(cut to candle aisle)

Ys: Ooh, do you like this smell?

Scott: Sure.

Ys: What about this one?

Scott: Sure.

Ys: Ooh, this one's nice...

Scott: *sigh* I'm going to look at the video games. Come get me when you're done...


Scenario Two: Ysabel at a Target somewhere between Tacoma and Seattle with two of her friends last night

(looking at Nalgene water bottles)

Ys: Yeah, I totally ruined my last three water bottles in the dishwasher...

Girlfriend one: I have one that looks like this one.

Ys: That's cute, but I don't like the whole sippy spout thing. I just want a normal cap you screw off...

Girlfriend two: What about this one?

Ys: Ooh, I kind of like that one...but I don't like that baby blue color. ...Ooh, this one's cool!

Girlfriend one: Oh! I like that one too!

Ys: Oh, then here. Take this one.

Girlfriend one: No! I'm not going to take it! You should have it!

Ys: No! You take it! I'll just look at the other Target near my house...

Girlfriend two: Well, if you guys don't take it, then I'm going to.

Girlfriend one: Here, you take it.

Girlfriend two: But Ysabel was the one that said she needed one!

Ys: It's okay! I promise! I'll just get one somewhere else!

Girlfriend one: No way. You should take it. I'll take the baby blue one.

Ys: Don't take the blue one, it's ugly. Just take this one.

Girlfriend one: No, I like the blue one! I promise! You can have this one.

Ys: No, I don't want it now! You take it!

(twenty minutes later in the soap aisle)

Ys: I love the smell of Irish Spring!

Girlfriend one: Yeah, me too! What do you think of this body wash?

Ys: Ooh, that's nice!

Girlfriend two: I like that too! How about this one?

Girlfriend one: Mmm! That's really clean-smelling.

Ys: Yeah, really fresh and crisp. It's really nice.

Girlfriend one: This one's okay...

Ys: Ooh, it's coconut-y. I'm not sure I like that too much.

Girlfriend one: Yeah.

Girlfriend two: Ooh, you guys! Smell this one!

Ys: It smells like the gum I have in my car!

Girlfriend one: Fruity! Yummm!

Ys: Melon-y!

Girlfriend one: Yeah!

(ten minutes later)

Ys: Oooh, I used this one this summer. It's really cheap but it smells good.

Girlfriend two: Oh really? Maybe I'll try that one.

Ys: I really love men's soaps. I think it smells cleaner.

Girlfriend one: You use men's soap? That's cool! Maybe I should try that...

Ys: Oh, this one smells really good too.

Girlfriend two: That is nice! ...but it's more expensive.

Ys: Yeah...

Girlfriend one: Ew! This smells gross!

Ys: Oh yeah! Yuck!

Girlfriend one: It's totally deceiving 'cause the bottle looks really cute, but it totally does not smell good.

Girlfriend two: Yeah, that's weird! ...Oh wow. This one smells like a grandpa.

Girlfriend one: Haha! Oh my god, it totally does!

(ten minutes later)

Ys: Well, I think I'm gonna get this one...what do you think?

Girlfriend two: I like that one. Which one should I get?

Ys: You should get the same one!

Girlfriend two: You think so? How about this one?

(ten minutes later)

Girlfriend one: Okay, I think I'm gonna get this one. What do you guys think?

Ys: Good choice. That smells really nice.

Girlfriend two: Which one should I get?

Ys: I love the smell of this one. You should get this one.

Girlfriend one: I like that smell too!

Girlfriend two:
Me too!

Girlfriend one:
Oh wait. It says "3 times as clean." What if that means it makes your skin really dry?

Ys: That's why I'm obsessed with lotion...

Girlfriend one: Oh, I should get some lotion!

Girlfriend two: Ooh, me too! Let's go look at the lotions.

Girlfriend one: And shampoos!

Ys: Okay!

3 comments:

  1. It saddens me greatly that there are no Targets in this hellhole of a town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD! Just pick a frickin soap already! Can I get the last 2 mins of my life back that I spent reading hoping that there was a funny anecdote at the end? And what was up with Seattle beating SF on Sun? Have you know pull up there? Ah all better now, vent complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you use men's soap, and scott likes it.. i think that might be a little homo.. you can tell him i said so.

    ReplyDelete