10.16.2007

Annual Black Plague: Part 1

Well, the much-dreaded black plague has made its all too triumphant return, mainly in the form of endless amounts of goo taking up residence inside my skull and sliming its way into every possible orifice in my head. The best (worst) part is the un-relenting post nasal drip that forces me to ***WARNING THIS IS DISGUSTING*** swallow my own snot repeatedly every thirty seconds (sorry). Also, I am going through obscene amounts of Kleenex trying to force whatever goo I can out of my tender little nose. The good news is that the goo is still clear and not yellow or green (ew), meaning that I have no sort of sinus infection yet. I think. That's what Wikipedia told me, anyway. It is, however, starting to do that thing where your ears pop everytime you blow your nose. Not good.

What is good, though, is that this Friday is payday (whee!) and I will have a valid excuse to go to Target (wheeee!) and buy some more Kleenex (wheeeeee!!). And perhaps a French Press. Mmm...French Press. And a tea kettle. Definitely need a tea kettle. Oh, and some bathtub cleaner...

Oh, and I have a new student this Thursday. Beginner, eleven years old. Huzzah! Although, I just got an email from the mother this morning informing me that her daughter is already thinking about changing to flute because that's what her friend is playing. Harumph. How could I lose a student already before I even had her?! Bah humbug! I must turn on my a-game at her lesson and convince the little girl that the devil stick rules all. Flute? Pfffft.

And one more thing: you know what I hate? When you blow your nose and you hear all this nasty stuff getting blown out of your sinuses and it sounds all juicy and gross, but when you look at the Kleenex afterwards, it's completely dry! I mean, I want a giant nasty slimy mess up in there so that I can feel a sense of accomplishment, like I am excorsizing the mucousy evil away from my body! Ech.

3 comments:

  1. this reminded me of you

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=R9PqjMSNfkU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you could post about something so disgusting yet make it so entertaining.

    Did you tell your student how to 'blow from the butt' (did I get that right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssss! Another potential flute player! She'll see the light yet, I'm sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete