10.26.2007

Das Boot.

After work, Wind Ensemble, and my little new mini-me clarinet student yesterday evening, I decided to drop by a nearby apparel store to see if they had any good deals on tall boots. I have recently decided that I cannot live another day without a fantastic pair of tall boots to add to my wardrobe and now I find myself obsessing about it non-stop. I mean with the autumn season in full swing, how could I not walk around looking fabulous in a wrap dress and stockings with knee-high boots? Seriously. It would be like my Autumnal gift to humanity. Anyway, I thought I had scored when I was at one particular footwear establishment the other day and found a brown pair in my size...at half off! So I excitedly tried it on in their little shoe-stool mirror and thought it felt/looked great. So off I went. And then when I brought it home and looked at myself in the full-length mirror, I realized that it looked full-on retarded because, with my less than supermodel-length legs, the boots actually went past my knees. Ugh. Unacceptable.

So you can imagine my excitement when I was browsing through the shoe department last night and found a pair of black, leather, Franco Sarto boots that not only fit like a glove and covered my entire calf, but stopped right below my knees...but also was on sale for the ridiculous price of $19.99!!! I couldn't believe my luck! Franco Sarto?! These are good shoes! And with that last name, how could I go wrong?? So after I had already gotten my heart set on having these beautiful boots in my closet and begun fantasizing about all the lovely ensembles I could pair them with, I glanced at the price tag again...and saw that it actually said $69.99. Boooooo. Utter devastation.

Also? I had just finished putting all of my extraneous money into a brand-spanking new ING Direct savings account that I had just opened. Money which I am not allowed to touch for the next 2 weeks (That sound you hear is the sound of my father shouting for joy). Yargh. Yeah yeah yeah, it's better of this way, not wasting your money on stuff you don't need, blah blah blah. Did I mention that these boots were fabulous? And that they fit me perfectly?! And that we wants it, precioussssss...? Waaah. Being responsible blows.

1 comment:

  1. I started making myself deposit my gig and lesson money directly into savings. That way my savings is always growing, but I never feel like I'm taking "a chunk" out of my paycheck.

    ReplyDelete