4.09.2008

Ewwwwwwww.

Question: What is worse than having to spend twenty minutes of your day helping a forty year old man who is not only pretentious and annoying, but also smelly and obnoxious find a piano scale book for one of his students? Especially when you've shown him roughly twenty different kinds of scale books from Hanon to Czerny to Brown to Alfred to MyAss and he always seems to be able to find a problem with every single one of them? Especially when the main problem he has with all of them is the fact that he is looking for something that runs the full gamut of the keyboard instead of, oh I don't know, the standard two octave scales that are in EVERY SINGLE PIANO SCALE BOOK IN THE UNIVERSE because any more than that and you're going to have like eleventy thousand ledger lines and like four clef changes to deal with gaaaaaaah?

Answer: Being PROPOSITIONED by said pretentious, annoying, smelly and obnoxious forty year old man.


gChat exchange with Sarah P. roughly two minutes later:

1:30 PM me: ew ew ew ew ew

Sarah: what what what what what?

1:31 PM me: this older guy who is very obnoxious and annoying and smells kind of bad just asked me out. BARF.

1:32 PM Sarah: ewwwwwwww

sorry

1:33 PM me: i think it's this damn blouse i have on that's slightly low cut and i kind of had to bend over a little bit when i was helping him out. i need to take a shower STAT.

Sarah: EWWWWWWWWWW

MEGA SORRY

1:34 PM me: he was all, "so i'm playing at this jazz club tonight. do you know [whatever] in ballard? show's at seven....so...what are you doing at seven tonight?"

i was like, "WORKING!!!"

1:35 PM Sarah: ew ew ew ew ew you weren't kidding

1:36 PM me: he was all, "um...you're working at seven?" (we close at six o'clock) and i'm like, "YUP. WORKING. SORRY."

1:37 PM Sarah: hahaha

burn!

me: :)


Anyway. Who doesn't like occasional attention from the preferred sex, right? After nearly four years with the same Schmoobliedioos (yikes!), it's nice to be reminded that you are still a fetching young lass. But this time? No thank you. Bleargh. I need a shower. I mean really. If the universe is going to send somebody to proposition me (and whom I would obviously still swiftly reject...hi Schmoolebuns!) why can't it be, I don't know, David Beckham or George Clooney? Hm?

In other news: I may attempt to make this tonight. Wish me luck. Seeing as how there's really no actual cooking involved, it should be fairly simple. Just a matter of being able to find all the ingredients at the nearby Asian grocery store.

Also: I've been practicing the bass clarinet like a crazy woman (not really). And I am AWESOME! Woo! So much fun! I am so close to becoming a triple clari-threat (Eb, Bb/A, and Bass for all you non-clarinerds out there).

No comments:

Post a Comment