4.18.2008

Friday Quiz. (with Updates!)

I showed up at work at 8am this morning to go to a meeting that lasted until 9:30. Since then, I have done which of the following?:

A. gChatted with Sarah P. about my recent weeklong bout with gastro-intestinal unpleasantness possibly brought about by the ingestion of surplus amounts of leafy greans and peanut sauce.

B. perused the Target website. Payday!

C. read roughly eleventy million blogs.

D. checked Facebook.

E. continued work on Phase Two of the Super Secret Awesome Project.

F. watched clips of Yehudi Menuhin and Thea King performing Bartok's Contrasts on youTube.

G. silently cursed my recent bout with aforementioned gastro-intestinal unpleasantness for making me too nervous about my poor colon to have any coffee or espresso today. Blar.

H. anything that doesn't involve actual work.

I. all of the above.


In hindsight, I also suspect that it was not such a good idea to become newly addicted to the Arby's Jalapeno Poppers this last week either...

***

Excerpt from my afternoon chat with Sarah P.

me: how was the indian buffet?

Sarah: DELICIOUS

me: mmmm...i yearn for it! but my colon fears it.

Sarah: poor ys!

***

UPDATE 1: Schmooblebuns came home with a rather large package (zing!) for me! Lest thou thinkest the dirtiest of thoughts, it was this. Hooray hooray hooray! Now I don't have to carry around my ten-year old this that has a dysfunctional zipper and gigantic tear at the seam. Also, my brand-spanking new clarinerd gig bag is like ten pounds lighter on my poor defective left shoulder. Hooray for Schmooblebuns!

***

UPDATE 2: It is now officially snowing like a mofo outside my living room window. Seriously?! Snow? In the middle of April?? Yeesh. If I don't see some sunshine soon, I'm going to go mad. Come on. Unpredictable colon activity and springtime snow storms?! This all feels like a bad dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment