7.17.2008

Do 2 posts in one day mean I'm forgiven for the week-long stretches of neglect?

I got this text message from Schmoobs about one hour ago:

I tried one of those 5-hour energy drinks that they have on tv and now I think my head is going to explode.... I think my hair is on fire

I found the message both hilarious and terrifying, so I relayed this sentiment to him and he told me that he actually sent me the message three hours earlier and that he felt fine now. Phew.


***

I see from my blog stats (I see youuuu!!) that I've got a mystery reader from Plano. Which is not far from Dallas. Which is not far from where we will be living. So now I feel obligated to say this:

Okay. Look. I know I've been somewhat of a Texas non-fan for quite some time now. I have nothing against Texas. I promise. I mean, when I get there, I'm going to eat barbecue like at least 3 times a week and it's going to be glorious. But please try to understand that I grew up in California. You know how you think that Texas is the greatest state in the entire universe? Well, I feel that way about California (ps. I'm right). My whole family is in California. I want to live near the Pacific Ocean. If I can't live near the ocean, then at least I'd like some green hills. If I can't live near some green hills, then at least I'd like some tall trees. I love shopping at Trader Joe's and Central Market and Whole Foods. I think wheat grass shots from Jamba Juice are awesome. I think 8-year old skater boys with mohawks are adorable. I went to a junior high that had a Gay and Lesbian Awareness club. My hometown has an intersection downtown near the library in which there is a Peet's Coffee on one corner, Star*ucks on the other, Tully's on the next, and finally Wolf Coffee to round things off - and I love that. In fact, I got through all of my college years with a Star*ucks soy latte in one hand and a bottle of overpriced fancy water in the other. I think San Francisco is filled with freaks and weirdos and I wouldn't have it any other way. I say things like "stoked" and "whatevs" and "for sure." I own an Al Gore hoodie. I will be the one wearing a Barack Obama t-shirt through the streets of Dallas during every day of November this year. I am counting down the seconds until your homeboy is out of the big white house. I am the opposite of conservative. I am not a Southern belle. I am a California girl. So my point is this: Please don't think that I am hating on the state of Texas. In fact, there are parts of it that I am secretly looking forward to. Just not the part where I am going to be far away from home. So...friends? Oh, and thanks for reading my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment