7.30.2008

Geez, you'd think I was actually getting excited about moving or something.

It is precisely 2:53 in the afternoon and I have done virtually nothing but design a new batch of business cards for myself! Huzzah! It may have taken the last six hours, but, Holy Moses, if these aren't the coolest business cards the world of clarinerd teaching has ever seen! Oh, how you must all envy my future Texas clarinerd students who will be fortunate enough to be graced with the sheer awesomeness of my business cards. I'd try to upload a pic of them here but I'm way too lazy (duh). Let me just say that it involves a very sophisticated, yet hip, color palette along with some cute swirly thingies that lead directly to a partial silhouette of a clarinet along the border that DEAR LORD TOOK ME ONE HOUR TO EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO CREATE ON MY PALEOLITHIC-ERA WORK COMPUTER AND THEN AN ADDITIONAL TWO HOURS TO ACTUALLY DO AND THEN TWO SECONDS TO DELETE THE PICTURE FILE BECAUSE I THOUGHT I HAD ALREADY FINISHED PASTING IT ONTO MY BUSINESS CARD TEMPLATE ONLY TO REALIZE TEN MINUTES LATER THAT IT DIDN'T PASTE ONTO THE TEMPLATE CORRECTLY AND LOOKED TOTALLY DUMB AND SO I HAD TO SPENT ANOTHER TWO HOURS CREATING A DIFFERENT VERSION OF A CLARINET SILHOUETTE THAT ACTUALLY MADE SENSE BUT OH MY GOD IT WAS SO WORTH IT BECAUSE MY BUSINESS CARDS ARE AWESOME!

In the meantime, this is the last week of the month, signaling my official Final Month in Seattle (*tear*) and the time when I need to start figuring out how to tell my students (all two of them) that I won't be their clarinet teacher anymore. What a sad day for all. I'm assuming I'll be teaching lessons through the next month, but also helping them find a new teacher. Clearly, not one as brilliant as me because such a thing does not exist, but a plenty capable one nonetheless...

***

I should also add that I have been trying to go to the Little Print Buyers Room all day at work (and not the number one kind if you catch my meaning...) today and every single time I go, somebody is always in the bathrooms. All of them! ...Okay, once this morning I caught our guitar tech just walking out of the bathroom downstairs, but I didn't want to chance using a restroom directly after somebody else had just done a number two. Too risky. Anyway, so now it's three o'clock in the afternoon and my colon is screaming for mercy and I am feeling perfectly validated in leaving for home just so I can take care of business once and for all. So that being said, smell ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment