8.31.2008

Day One. Check.

1. Found a room in the first hotel we tried in a small town just shy of where our former Music History professor now lives. It was the first hotel in the first city we hit after a couple hours of nerve-wracking mountain passes in which we were passed numerous times. In one instance we drove by a tow truck that we contemplated just tailing during the entire trip - you know, as a security blanket - until it swiftly passed us on an uphill grade and we just could not keep up without risking implosion. But Lucky is hanging in there like a good boy.

2. We nabbed the very last room in the hotel. As I stood at the counter of the hotel lobby literally one minute after I walked in, a guy came in asking for a room. Unfortunately, there were no more of course. I felt bad because he had been driving from Alaska and looked like death. I asked him if he drove through Seattle and he said yes. I was in a surprisingly chipper mood - perhaps due to the prospect of a hot shower and a real bed in my near future - and tried to make conversation...he was not very chipper. And then five minutes later another guy came in asking for a room. When the lady at the counter told him that I had just gotten the last room, I looked at him and smiled apologetically. He responded by saying, "Hm...well, you win this round." Hahaha. Awesome.

3. Thus far, Day One has been all about food. Specifically, starting with possibly my most successful Salty's Brunch Buffet visit to date (awesome!) - with friends Jessica, Jennifer, Vu and Jooolia, Star*ucks/Internet pit stop in Portland, and capped off with a pre-scary-mountain sushi pit stop for dinner. I have taken numerous picture already on day one. 99% of them involve food. 

4. More detailed Day One post later. Bed now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment