8.23.2008

Sometimes I do actually still act like a twenty-something.orI am hungover.

A co-worker organized an office going away get-together for me, which took place last night. The result? I woke up this morning in a flurry because I had a car appointment in twenty minutes and, when I got out of my ten-second shower and stood in front of the bathroom mirror, I realized I was still a wee bit boozy. Egads.  Anyway. Luckily, there was a Star*ucks directly across the street from the auto shop, so the 3 espresso shots I ingested this morning whilst waiting for (un)Lucky's checkup to be completed helped to awaken my senses. 

Unfortunate: drunken stomach + 3 shots of espresso = gastrointestinal nightmare

So I sit here back at home, surfing between Olympics goodness (only two days left! SAD.) and the Million Dollar Listing marathon on Bravo (how ridiculous are these pretentious idiots? answer: VERY ridiculous), guzzling multiple tall glasses of water and mentally willing myself to get off my butt and cook up a nice greasy eggs & sausage breakfast. I wish my colon a swift and easy recovery. 

ps. I should also add that, while the going away party goodness was last night, I still have one week of work left -- something that the vast majority of my co-workers were not aware of. So all of my workday yesterday was filled with this:

Co-worker: Ysabel! I'm so sorry I can't make it tonight, but I wanted to say goodbye!

Ysabel: Um, you know I'm still here next week, right?

Co-worker: Oh. ...Never mind.


So I imagine most of my Monday next week will be filled with this:


Ysabel: Good morning!

Co-worker: What are you doing here?

Ugh. Awkwaaaard.

No comments:

Post a Comment