8.24.2008

The Olympics. They are over. My soul is dead.

1. 536 days until Vancouver. 

2. Bobby C said that the Chinese spent an estimated 40 billion dollars (What is that in Yuan? Like 80 zadzillion?) on the entire Beijing Olympics. So it should come to no surprise that, when it was time for the "official London segment" of the closing ceremonies, it all came out a little...quaint. Did it not?

3. For example: a red double decker bus? Is that really the best they could do? I mean, if Rogge had called me up last night and was all, "Ysabel! You gotta help me out, I forgot that we had to do a London presentation in tomorrow's closing ceremonies and I dropped the ball! Eeeep!" then that's what I would come up with.  ETA: Ok, the jets were pretty hip. 

4. Becks. ...oh, Becks. Never speak. Because you sound like a Cockney chipmunk. Just stand there and look inhumanly hottt and occasionally take your shirt off whilst kicking a soccer ball. But never speak. That is the proper way to represent the future host of the Summer Olympic Games.

5. The Bird's Nest: Masterpiece of modern architecture or Artfully designed giant toilet seat? 

6. Jackie Chan! Ha!

7. Oh, you Chinese officials. Sure, you cheat and cover up and make little girls lip synch but only if they are deemed cute enough...but, damn, you put on a good Olympics. You are forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment