11.24.2010

And a Merry Thanksgiving Eve to you!

Time for the annual making of the traditional Thanksgiving lumpia, childrens! (You know that if the pilgrims had just one Filipino friend they would have totally asked them to bring some lumpia to the party, duh.)

I am totally incapable of NOT making too much lumpia filling.
But with my mother's spectacular recipe, there can never really be too much lumpia! ...even if it's just for two people. Yeesh.

 Close up! As you can see, this recipe calls for green beans, sweet potato and ground turkey. This is totally Thanksgiving-y, you guys. Also, note that I have omitted the garbanzo beans and chopped peanuts because I couldn't effing get access to my email (where my shopping list was stored) on my iPhone this afternoon as I was battling the horde of angry, hateful betches in Kroger and had to remember everything on my shopping list by complete memory. Not too bad, only forgetting two ingredients. I have also left out the diced tofu, despite remembering to purchase it at the Kroger of Bitchery because I found myself too damned lazy to do any additional non-crucial dicing and frying. 

 Mmmmm-macro!

No comments:

Post a Comment