11.25.2010

Happy Thanksgiving y'all you guys!

So my masterful plan to have our first ever Restaurant Thanksgiving has somehow devolved instead to me going ahead and fixing an entire unnecessarily large feast for two as usual. Mergh. Mainly because Schmoobs is sick and my plan to just make a small batch of lumpia for snacking throughout the day turned into accidentally making a humongo batch of lumpia, which led to deciding to make a quick green bean casserole because it's easy and super delicious, which then led to deciding to make my dad's awesome baked chicken casserole because I might as well round out this whole thing with an entree and just go ahead and make a freaking full meal. Also, Schmoobs called the restaurant where we were going to have Thanksgiving dinner, and they said that they were currently doing their last seating and were already completely full for the day. Whoops. So I guess calling for reservations would have been a good thing? Whatevs. I guess First Ever Restaurant Thanksgiving will have to wait for another year. Plus, I doubt that restaurant would have traditional Thanksgiving pilgrim lumpia.

Anyway. 
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!


UPDATES:

1. Yesterday it was in the low 80s. I wore a pair of tights, a shirt/dress thing and flip flops to go run errands. Today it is in the mid-30s. I took Conehead outside for a quick tinkle and we both nearly froze our tushies off in about two minutes. Texass weather is weird. But at least now it actually feels like holiday weather.

2. Totally unrelated, but OMG you must watch this:

No comments:

Post a Comment