11.22.2010

One more day...

So I was walking back into our condo after teaching Theory this morning and SLAMMED my elbow on the door knob (do not ask me how that happened). Result: I literally could not straighten my arm from the bent position my elbow was in for about ten minutes afterwards, I'm pretty sure I now have a sizable dent in my elbow and, perhaps most tragic of all, I cannot hold my cup of coffee with my left hand without my hand lapsing into weird spasmic tremors. Must have hit a nerve or something. So, yeah, that was cool...

In other news, Schmoobs' and my former band director in Vol Country and Schmoobs' former grad school mentor came was in town this past weekend to work with the annual high school honor band hosted by our university. It was super fun to see him again. Pertinent life discussions and nostalgic reflections abounded. Look, here are some pictures:

I'm in a band director sandwich! Haaaalp!

Here are Schmoobs and Dr. S in April 2006 right after Schmoobs' final concert in his Master's program.

And here they are nearly five years later.

Note: Schmooblebops has spent the greater part of the last few months moaning and groaning about how much older he feels like he is starting to look with the graying hair and the maturing skin and - oy vey - his "receding hairline." On and on and on about the receding hairline! And I have gone on and on at great length about how he still looks youthful for his age and that - in particular - he is a paranoid psychopath with his hairline because it seriously looks just like it always has for as long as I've known him. But he refused to listen to his wise and all-knowing girlfriend.

And then I showed him these pictures the other night and FINALLY:

Schmoobs: "Hey! So, my hair really doesn't look that different than it did five years ago."

Ys: "Mmhmm."

Schmoobs: "Like, my hairline looks the same!"

Ys: "Yup..."

Schmoobs: "I mean, yeah, there's more gray...but that's not such a big deal."

Ys: "I told you."

Schmoobs: "So I guess my hairline isn't receding!"

Ys: "I tooold you."

Schmoobs: "Huh! My hairline isn't receding!"

Ys: "I. TOLD. YOU."

No comments:

Post a Comment