3.10.2011

I think the Monthly Confirmation is nigh.

At least it better be. I am eating a bowl of chocolate for lunch. Literally.

***

In Tooting My Own Horn news (Please indulge me. It helps numb the pain of looking at my monthly pay stubs.): Schmoobs came home from work last night and the first thing he told me was that some of the students told him that they thought I was an amazing teacher. Surprisingly, two of them were students I was sure didn't like me as a teacher. They always stay fairly quiet for the most part, and when they do raise their hand with a question in class, I am always paranoid and afraid that it was because they're not finding my lectures or explanations clear enough. And that they were judging me for it. Anyway. Apparently, they appreciate that I "don't have an agenda or anything" and am "really flexible in class" and I "try to make sure that everyone really understands all the information." Well, there you go. Did you hear that, Stanford? Screw you, man! At least my students like me. Hahaha.

Also, I had introduced this year's freshman class to the joy of Battle of the Brains (i.e Midterm Review Session) in Music Lit yesterday morning, and the winner was one of the two students I mentioned above. So the Star*ucks gift card he won probably swayed his opinion a bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment