7.16.2011

Could it have happened any other way?

I went to Target this late afternoon to buy us a schmancy new oscillating fan since our bedroom ceiling fan has mysteriously stopped working and to procure some cat food for the Belamonster. As I pulled in to my parking spot back home, I brilliantly - so I thought - remembered to leave my window about two inches open so as to let it be slightly less like the pits of hell next time I have to drive anywhere. "What a great idea!" I said to myself. "I mean, it's not like it's going to rain anytime soon! Guffaw guffaw guffaw." After all, it was searingly sunny and 104 degrees this afternoon. 109 yesterday (UGH). And we haven't seen even one drop of precipitation in at least a month. So...

Cut to 4 hours later. It is now 10pm. Schmooblebottoms says, "Hey. Is that rain? Do you hear that?'"

Yup. Thunderstorming outside. Of course.

Also, I went through our den (aka Land of A Hundred and One Unpacked and Unmarked Boxes) like a madwoman this morning looking for a piece of music that I wanted to practice. I found it. I also got an EFFING paper cut under my freaking finger nail. It still hurts like a mofo. I'm really scared to take a shower tonight. Waaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment