7.11.2011

I am ridiculous.

Last night, I was freshly showered and in bed by 12:20am. At 12:30am the power went out. As such, I then spent the next hour and a half wide awake being preoccupied by the rising temperature and uncomfortably still air in the condo due to the lack of air conditioning (I AM SO SPOILED) and being convinced that the power was manually shut off by the boogey man who was going to come out of the shadows at any moment and steal my eyeballs or something. Seriously, I had forgotten just how comforting light pollution is when you are an unreasonably paranoid individual who cannot fall asleep in the middle of the night. Also, I checked the weather on my phone with the thought of opening up the windows at least for some air movement. It was still 86 degrees at 1am. Yeesh.

I did, however, find the page on the website of our energy provider where I could report a power outage and when I called the number to do just that, I found out that they at least were already working on it and would get the power back up in the next...four hours. I can evade the boogey man for four hours! But, really, all I did was hide under as much covers as I could without suffocating myself in the heat and played Boggle on my phone until I finally passed out. And I blissfully was awoken at 4:44am with the power - and the A/C and the fan... - turning on. Hooray! ...And then two minutes later it shut off again. But I more easily passed back out this time and when I woke up for realz this morning, the power was fully functional. And I still had both my eyeballs. You can't get me, Knuckles!

And now, some pictures from the last few days:

 What is the President of the Finer Things Club doing sitting with these tennis balls?

 Ahhh...I see.

BB contemplates making a move.

Bela says, "Oh really?"

But eventually he got bored.

I made myself a salmon wrap for dinner the other day. BB really wanted some.

But she didn't get any. 

(Just kidding. I gave her a tiny little piece of salmon because I can't help myself.)




No comments:

Post a Comment