7.06.2011

Shortest Monthly Confirmation Ever.


And with a post title like that, you'd be crazy NOT to read any further! Haha. Don't worry, I won't say anymore about it. Except to say that I received the monthly surprise (wait, not a surprise...) early on Monday morning and now I'm done. I think. Bodies are so weird. Not that I'm complaining or anything. Maybe it was compensating for the two-week long cheesy poof and rib-flavored chip eating PMS massacre by having a super short menseses. Hm.

Gentlemen, are you still there?

Anyway.

So Independence Day was on Monday. That was neat. Since Schmoobs left for Chicage early that morning, I celebrated by having a mega Cheers marathon on Netflix, eating handfuls of rib-flavored chips and menstruating on the couch. Yeah, it was pretty memorable. *snort* Oh, and I learned that BB is incredibly frightened of fireworks. Our neighbors downstairs --

ALERT: I just learned that the reason BB had been acting so strangely meek and sheepish this morning after breakfast is that she had left me not one, but two fresh dingleberries on our chocolate brown colored couch. And I have just spent the last twenty minutes sitting roughly eight inches from one of them while typing away on the laptop. BLAGH!

Anyway, as I was saying -- Our neighbors downstairs were setting off a small set of celebratory fireworks in their back patio. The only problem was that they weren't setting them off one after the other. They would light one and we would hear a BOOM. And BB would come running up to me all saucer-eyed and scared. Then there would be nothing for at least five minutes. BB would recover and think it was safe again, so she'd leave my lap and go off and play somewhere. Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, another BOOM. And then BB would come scurrying back again even more freaked out. This repeated itself for a good hour. By the fifth or sixth time, BB had become so scared that she just climbed up and took shelter...on my neck. I think if she could have somehow spent the evening under my skin, she would have.


At one point, she ducked behind in the small nook of space behind me and decided to use my body as her fortress while she stood shaking. Poor puppy!!

Bela, meanwhile, did not give a crap. In fact, for all I know he was probably standing at our back windows giving our neighbors the evil eye the whole time. And for his general overall badassery, we reward him with crisp, refreshing glacier water.

Bela and I have the same sentiments about the morning.

Anyway. Back to work on the compooper. I am spending this week writing articles and chipping away at the final phase of assessment exams for my potential work-at-home venture. Part of me thinks I am doing okay with the task simulations - I mean, how could I not be? I am awesome and smrt. - and part of me is paranoid that I am not spending enough time on each single task and will fail miserably. Ugh. I'll find out on Monday when the test deadline comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment