6.08.2013

I can't be the only one who's ever done this.

We are having company over today. I have to say, I am getting pretty darn good and efficient at making lumpia. It also helps that our nearby Asian supermarket - remind me to tell you about them someday (long story short: they're HILARIOUSLY rude!) - started stocking easy peel lumpia wrappers so I no longer have to spend two hours just painstakingly peeling apart wrapper after wrapper trying not to tear each one beyond utility. It was actually a little bit hidden because the packages were marked as "eggroll wrappers" - i.e. NOT proper for delectable thin crispy lumpia - but then if you looked closely, it said "extra thin for maximum crispness" or something like that. And the ingredients listed wheat flour instead of rice. Anyway, I fried up a test batch last night and they definitely turned out like traditional lumpia. Whee!

But that's not the point of this post.

The point is that we tossed our vacuum after our recent move because it was barely functioning. And since the entire first floor of our house is wood and tile, we haven't gotten around to buying a new vacuum yet. But then, with the prospect of having guests over - several of whom are fellow faculty members with Schmoobs - I decided I needed to do something about the slightly dirty carpeted staircase that would be visible to company. So I lint-rolled the entire staircase. I am a genius.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment