6.24.2013

Miscellaneous lately.

Remember the three (THREE!) bedroom closets I so very excitedly pointed out in my New House post? The fabulous walk-in is shared, but the other two have become His and Hers. Mine is basically only storing three big boxes which serve as a blockade against the other little mini storage space door that houses the murder clowns. The closet pictured here is Schmoobles'. He opened it up one morning as he was getting ready.

Me: "Oh my gosh. I had no idea this is what has happened to your closet."
Schmoobs: "I just haven't put my socks away yet..."
Me: "..."

This disaster zone he has created has now officially been nicknamed The Sock Closet.

You know what happened to come with our house? Daylily and Lilac plants! Who knew? They were dormant when we bought/moved in to the house, but they bloomed suddenly a little while ago. So pretty! So now I can have free fresh flowers in the house. 

We had a couple of friends over the other evening for a casual little cookout. Ken and Don were two of Schmoobles' graduate assistants (doctoral students) this year and their wives are Maria and Sarah. You already know the duo on the left.

Cornhole (...hehehe "cornhole"...) was a big hit with the kiddos, Theo and Alex. Later on, the sun came down and the fireflies came out. These two went nuts over how cool they were and spent a good deal of time running around our yard catching them.

Schmoobs took a picture of me and BB having an intense head scratching session. She entered another dimension, I think.

Also, here's a PSA for you: DO NOT buy the Candy Crush Saga game app. It will suck you into an ever deepening abyss of addiction which will cause you to all but completely ignore your loved ones in a cruel relentless pursuit for victory in more and more and more levels. I'm already dreading what will happen to me in the fall when I have, you know, doctoral classes to attend to. This game normally has built-in controls that sets a time limit for you so that you are forced to only be able to play for a certain number of minutes before you have to wait for more gameplay or more lives. This is, of course, unless you pay cash money for more game time (which I refuse). Or...you find a hack online that allows you to play with unlimited lives and unlimited minutes. Which I did. DON'T DO IT, I TELL YOU. 

In other news, there is a glimmer of hope that I may be getting a clarinet student this summer! Huzzah! One! You know, as much as we were not super huge fans of living in Tejas, one thing I could say was that I was never in want of private students there. I could totally afford (not in dollar terms, but in metaphorical terms) to kick a few off a cliff like a swarm of lemmings and still have plenty of students at my beck and call. (Whether they actually paid me is another story, ehem.) Anyway, cross your fingers, toes, Fallopian tubes, and ear lobes that this one works out. The little bit of extra money would help. She also happens to be the daughter of the Dean of our  School of Fine Arts. Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment