6.26.2013

Operation: I Hate You, Stupid Metabolism In My 30s

After last weekend's little cookout with friends, our house was left with lots of leftovers from food that people brought over - namely, cake, ice cream, and cookies. And ohmygod so much beer. But, luckily, I pretty much do not drink beer at all these days, since even half a bottle will instantly cause me to bloat up and start near-vomiting bile from all the acid reflux. Delightful. But, yeah, cake, ice cream, and cookies. Also, Schmoobles is gone all week for his final out of town work thing this summer. And, of course, I am totally straight up eating my feelings in regards to Bela. (I picked up his ashes from the vet's office yesterday morning.) Oh, and did I mention that I am PMS-ing?

This all culminates to the fact that I am eating EVERYTHING in sight.

Long story short, I need to exercise more. I entertained thoughts of getting back into a 30 Day Shred regimen, but then HAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, right.

1) We have hard wood on our entire first level, which is not conducive to floor based exercises. (Ignore the fact that I own a yoga mat.)

2) The air conditioning does not travel well to the carpeted upstairs bedroom suite, so - despite having two fans up there - it stays pretty warm until, I don't know, 3 or 4 in the morning? And then starts to warm up again when the sun rises.

3) Running outside is out because it is summer in the south and are you crazy? Also, THE MOSQUITOES OH MY GOD THE MOSQUITOES. Also, I hate running.

4) More excuses.

So, I have devised at least a little beginning exercise plan to get me minimally moving again and will ever so slightly shave away the guilt that I collect from eating cake at midnight while watching my beloved Bravo reality shows. In the mornings, after my cup of coffee, I will do reps of sprinting up the staircase, through the far bedroom corner, and back down the staircase. Just starting this morning, I was able to do 5 (stop laughing) reps before my lungs started closing up and I had to reach for the inhaler. Also, oy the thigh burning! Yeah, I know, 5. But it's a start. Now that my lungs have opened back up, I'll do 5 more and then I'll whip out the yoga mat and just do some ab and ass work. Maybe a few pushups. The end. Every couple of days I'll see if I can add a rep to my house laps. I'll see how long it takes me to be able to do 10 laps without taking a hit of the ol' albuterol.

Anyway, it's a start. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment