6.10.2013

The Warming of the House.

We had some friends over on Saturday for the obligatory housewarming. I'm not sure it was a formal housewarming as I did not tell the friends I invited that it was such - mainly because we are all destitute grad students and I didn't want them to feel obligated to bring gifts, etc. But Schnoobins' social circle is comprised primarily of well employed professors and professionals and so I think they knew it was kind of a housewarming. They brought gifts. Mainly housewares and booze. Our friends Don and Sarah gave us two framed photos that are extremely spectacular (see below). It was great.

Schnozzlebear warming up the grill. Our arrangement: I work the kitchen, he works the grill. Schmoobles does not quite know how to boil eggs on a stove. I, on the other hand, am terrified of grilling and am convinced that it will blow up in my face if I were to try and cook on one. Besides, one does not need a grill to make snackums or lumpia. But Schmoobs is an excellent grill master! It is a perfect partnership. (Side note: We really need to do something about our weeded gravel driveway. It looks bad. Also, still no lawnmower. Good news: our erstwhile pizza delivery/lawnmower guy got some business from us once more as we needed our lawn looking nicely kempt before company came over.)


Guess what's in these mason jars?
(Answer: lumpia sauce, doy!)

Just call me the Lumpia Queen of Lexington.

Grill Master at work.

Snackums table. 

BB was in absolute nirvana all evening. Free to roam about inside and outside with tons of new human friends everywhere sneaking her little treats for hours.

Some cornhole action. ("Cornhole." Hehehuhuhuh.) These are a handful of my fellow musicology grad students.

L-R: Troy, Cesar, and Ken. Cesar is a musicology Ph.D. who just got a job as an orchestra conductor in Sewanee, TN. Hooray for musicians getting employed! Ken is one of Schmoobs' TAs, a Lexington addition to his man harem, and our favorite BB sitter. Troy is Cesar's manfriend.

L-R: Cody, band director; Jim, percussion professor; Troy; Cesar

Gifts from Don (another of Scott's TAs) and Sarah (wife). We lent them our LOST DVDs earlier this year so they know of our obsession.

Troy cuddling BB at the end of the evening. I passed out on our couch shortly after taking this picture. Oops. I was just going to rest my eyeballs and soothe my aching head for just a few seconds..... (Next thing I know it was 5:30am and everybody was gone.)

I wish I had taken more pictures. There were several people who came and never got into my posterity machine (iPhone). Mainly because I was busy cooking in the kitchen the whole blasted night. Ah well. Isn't that how it always goes? At least BB got to socialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment