9.01.2005

I'm updating this damn blogizzle*

Big ups to Sarah P., Sarah L. and Robyn who seem to be the only ones on my links list updating consistently at the moment...

I've decided to finally sit myself down and end this dry spell that I have been in since the visit to my homeland last month. Here is a list of the unbearably exciting things that have happened to me during the past couple of weeks:

1. I cut my hair!!!!!

Or I should say, my sister - with the assistance and critical eye of my 4-year old - cutest EVER!!!!!!! - niece (neice? neese? Ugh, I can't spell anymore...) - cut my hair. I believe I asked for a mere 3 inches to be taken off, and ended up with what seems like 10 inches gone. Hahaha. Just kidding, Kristina. My sister did a good job. I think it's a ratio thing, actually. Because 3 inches to a normal-sized human being probably wouldn't amount to much. Especially if their hair were as long and luxurious (and by "long and luxurious," I mean "gross and unmanageable") as mine was a few weeks ago. However, if you are a pocket-sized human like myself, I guess 3 inches just makes more of a difference. In any case, I have provided for you a very dramatic - and not at all exaggerated in any way - artistic rendering of my before-and-after:

Before.
In my made-up universe, my previous hair was so dead sexy that it literally shone with the light of a thousand stars. Especially when its unworldly power wasn't confined in a ponytail and was free to spread its beauty to everyone who happened to cross my path. In reality, however, I had neither the patience nor the energy to style my hair, so it was usually piled on the back of my head in some free-form hairball.

After.

Hahaha. Apparently, losing a few inches off my hair caused me to become a gap-toothed, crazy-eyed ogre. Damn.


2. I went on a Target excursion this afternoon.

Remember at the beginning of summer when I was so bored out of my gourd that I went to Target everyday? And I would write about buying Kleenex and toilet paper because that was exciting in comparison to everything else I did that day? Yeah. Today I bought some Drano (even with the shorter hair, I still clog up the shower drain at an alarmingly fast rate!) and, uh, some feminine hygiene-related products... Classes at UT have started and I'm actually jealous that people get to go to class everyday. Jealous. What the hell is wrong with me? All these years, I thought of myself as the type of carefree, relaxed person that would kill to have nothing to do all day. But apparently, I start to go crazy after two days of having no school or work. I'm like a shark, people! If I really were a shark, here is how I would look:

Ah hahahah hahahha. Dear God, I need help.


3. .....................



Ok, so a haircut and a visit to Target. These were the only things of any consequence that have happened lately. That explains why I haven't been updating this blog. This is really something. I haven't even been back to Knoxville more than a week and I'm already going out of my mind with boredom. I met with the band director of Halls High School on Tuesday and I will be teaching clarinet there in a couple weeks (yay!) Also, I sent in an application to work a normal-person job (i.e. Ysabel's worst nightmare...) yesterday. So the good news is that I will probably have a couple of jobs soon. And the sooner the better because I have about 2 pennies left to my name (you think I'm exaggerating, don't you?) and 2 cents will only get you so far, especially with gas prices the way they are. Here is my personal thought about the increasing gas prices:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So I think I'll be fine in about 3 weeks, both mentally and financially. The upside is that I have all the goddamn live-long day for the next few weeks to practice the devil stick.... and I actually am! Just let it be known that there is a fair chance that I may go clinically insane between now and the end of the month. The good thing is that if I do happen to become psychotic, it will give me something to write about.




* "Blogizzle." Benjamin G. Gessel. AOL Instant Messenger chat. September 1, 2005, 3:11pm.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Ysabel. I think McClung needs to get rid of that stupid mummy and instead put up an exhibit of your self-portraiture. I'm serious. LOL.

    Anywho, yay for teaching and possible real jobs! Also, if you do go insane anytime soon, let me know how that works out, because that sounds like a good plan right about now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks for the citation skank..

    it's good to know that bibliography class is going to good use!

    ben

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your pictures. Where have you applied? I too am poor and worthless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you Ben and ysabel. Here, I spent thousands of dollars on quartet music at Tokyo and we haven't played a single one. We need to fix that. Ventus must live on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kudos on my pictures, guys. It's good to know that the tragic state of my current pathetically inconsequential day-to-day life can at least be a source of entertainment!

    ps. Elizabeth, my application was for taking phone orders for the jewelry television network. ...Someone remind me why I got a music degree (scratch that, TWO music degrees) again. Why, God, WHY????? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the new haircut. Although we need to get you some braces now...and maybe some glasses. ;-)

    I can't believe you actually cited the reference to "blogizzle." You wanna finish my master's for me? You can do my comps and my special project... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha. Don't tempt me, Robyn. I just might, out of complete boredom...

    ReplyDelete