9.29.2005

Must...conserve...arteries...

I just ate a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. It has been the most glorious moment of my day thus far because, instead of using the same wheat bread which I have been eating ever since they told us that white bread is the food of the devil, I threw caution to the wind and made my sandwich with two pieces of the delicious devil bread toasted to perfection. For those of you who don't use toast for their pb sandwiches, you don't know what you're missing. See, when you spread the peanut butter on the toast straight out of the toaster, the peanut butter becomes all warm and melty and tasty tasty taaasty....

Well, anyway, the sandwich did nothing but fuel my hunger even further and now I am fighting the urge to drive to the nearby McDonald's to purchase some evil-in-the-sense-that-it-tickles-your-taste-buds-while-slowly-killing-you-on-the-inside fast food. I mean, when you're on a tight budget, what can beat spending a measly $2 (plus tax. ugh.) for a double cheeseburger and medium fries? CURSE YOU, MCDONALD'S AND THE DAMNED INEXPENSIVE CONVENIENCE OF YOUR DOLLAR MENU!!!! Anyway, I really really shouldn't because I went there for lunch yesterday. And having that type of food two days in a row just can't be good for your innards.

Ugh, I could cook up some bacon, toast (Mmmmmm....white bread toast!!! Again!!!!) and eggs (because that is pretty literally the entire contents of the kitchen right now...), but as I explained to Sarah P. just moments ago, I hate making bacon and then smelling like bacon for the rest of the day. Although, as most of you know, I do have quite an unhealthy (or is it really that unhealthy?) obsession with showering, so that would provide me with an excuse to cleanse myself for the second time today.....

4 comments:

  1. You really need to read a book or take up needlepoint or something to make your day more exciting. How about quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean my three paragraph essay on the glories of white bread toast and peanut butter is not exciting enough for you??!! Hahaha. I would take up needlepoint or quilting but I'm afraid I would stab myself in the eye with the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your peanut butter toast essay. I think my mom's actually blogged about a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sarah :) So there, Dan. Ha.

    ReplyDelete