9.28.2005

So close I can taste it....

Submitted my application to work at the Hilton Starbucks downtown this morning. Actually, I went in there yesterday and spoke to Neil, the guy working there, who gave me the heads up that the manager was going to be in this morning and that I should hand my application in then so she can meet me in person. So I met the manager today who seemed really excited about the prospect of me working there. Mainly because I told her I would be willing to work any shift .... even the one that starts at 5:30 in the f*ing morning (I didn't phrase it quite that way, of course). Anyway, she said the hiring process at that Starbucks is through the Hilton, so I have to wait for their HR department to look it over. Hopefully they won't get freaked out by the fact that I have a Masters degree (like all the other damned places I've applied at....) and I can start working soon. I am pretty hopeful about getting this job for a few reasons:

1) At the end of the application, there was a space for me to write any other comments and so I took the opportunity to explain there that, yes, while I do have a graduate college degree (No, despite any previous plans to just leave out the fact that I have a Masters in hopes of getting hired more easily, I just couldn't get myself to do it. It took quite a bit of work to get that f*ing diploma and I'll be damned if I have to hide it!!! ....Maybe after a couple more rejections...) , I am still living the existence of a poor, decrepit clarinetist and would really appreciate the opportunity to work there. Also, I am a hard worker/employee and can have a good personality if I have to (especially if I'm getting paid to have one...haha).

2) I have flexible hours. Very flexible hours.

3) This Neil character was flirting shamelessly (and none-too-subtly, I might add) while I was chatting him up about the job. In addition to the free chai latte I scored, I am hoping that he will put a good word in for me with the manager as well. (Have I mentioned how effective being desperate for a job is at completely obliterating any semblance of one's previously well-intact dignity?)

So, we'll see how this particular job prospect pans out. ......They better hire me!!! AAAUUGGHHH!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I will come visit you because I'm working down the street!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have I mentioned how effective being desperate for a job is at completely obliterating any semblance of one's previously well-intact dignity?"

    I second that. Good luck!

    Also, chai lattes? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth: If I get this job I will totally score you free drinks!!

    Sarah: I originally asked for a chai latte with a shot of coconut syrup because I read about that somewhere in your blog, but they didn't have any coconut syrup. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Ysabel... you would so be my hero.

    ReplyDelete