10.26.2005

Day off!!

Today I have absolutely no obligations whatsoever. No ridiculously complicated and over-priced espresso-based concoction to make. No roomful of some-cool, some-difficult and some-smelly little children to teach clarinet to. Huzzah! So I have given my brain the day off as well and, instead of posting a thoughtful and well-crafted entry, I am posting a meme instead:

9 Layers

A meme to peel aways the layers of you.

LAYER ONE:

Name: Ysabel
Birth date: May 25, 1980
Birthplace: Manila
Current Location: Knoxville
Eye Color: dark brown
Hair Color: dark brown/black
Height: 5' 1"
Righty or Lefty: righty
Zodiac Sign: Gemini

LAYER TWO:

Your heritage: Filipino
The shoes you wore today: black flip-flops (no work shoes! Yay!)
Your weakness: shopping, bad tv, fast food, coffee, etc etc
Your fears: Not much, really. Seeing someone I care about hurt or injured. Failure.
Your perfect pizza: everything but anchovies
Goal you'd like to achieve: Have a career in something I find meaningful. Doesn't involve making coffee.

LAYER THREE:

Your most overused phrase on AIM: "Hahaha"
Your first waking thoughts: Already?
Your best physical feature: My third nipple. Ha. Just kidding.
Your most missed memory: Being a kid in Santa Rosa. Growing up with my siblings and my cat Buddy.

LAYER FOUR:

Pepsi or Coke: Ich, Diet Coke. Duh.
McDonald's or Burger King: McDonald's
Single or group dates: single
Adidas or Nike: Adidas
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Don't really care.
Chocolate or vanilla: chocolate!
Cappuccino or coffee: Yes.

LAYER FIVE:

Smoke: Nope.
Cuss: Unfortunately, occasionally. Especially when driving or practicing.
Sing: Yes. But with nobody within a 30-foot radius.
Take a shower everyday: Um, doy. 2 or 3 preferably.
Do you think you've been in love: Yes.
Want to go to college: For a third time??!!!! .....Actually, yes, eventually. *sigh*
Liked high school: Yep.
Want to get married: Someday.
Believe in yourself: 99.9% of the time
Get motion sickness: Rarely, but yes.
Think you're attractive: I'm not hideous, so yes.
Think you're a health freak: At times. But considering I have had fast food more than once in the last 24 hours, I feel like I should say no.
Get along with your parent(s): Now that I have moved past my surly teenage years, yes. (For the most part, anyway. Haha).
Like thunderstorms: Only if I am indoors. Especially if cuddled in bed or watching a movie and sipping a hot beverage.
Play an instrument: Again, doy.

LAYER SIX:

In the past month...
Drank alcohol: yes
Smoked: no
Done a drug: no
Made Out: yes. Wheeeee!!!
Gone on a date: I guess. Does having an occasional dinner with your boyfriend count?
Gone to the mall?: Yes. Unfortunately.
Eaten an entire box of Oreos?: I'm sure I am fully capable. But no.
Eaten sushi: Surprisingly, no! This needs to be remedied.
Been on stage: yes. With a gaggle of smelly middle school kids.
Been dumped: nope.
Gone skating: nope.
Made homemade cookies: nope. I prefer to watch other people do it on TV.
Gone skinny dipping: no
Dyed your hair: no
Stolen Anything: no

LAYER SEVEN:

Ever...
Played a game that required removal of clothing: No. I feel like a prude now.
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: yes. It's no fun.
Been caught "doing something": I'm not quite sure what this question is implying. So my answer would have to be .... maybe.
Been called a tease: Not to my knowledge.
Gotten beaten up: Yeah right! Hells no.
Shoplifted: nope.
Changed who you were to fit in: no.

LAYER EIGHT:

Age you hope to be married: Not now. As soon as I have a steady and meaningful job, I'll start thinking about it.
Numbers and Names of Children: I'd like 2-3 someday. Son: Benjamin. Daughter: Stella or Francesca.
Describe your Dream Wedding: Small. At night.
How do you want to die: Too morbid to think about. But not for a looooooong time.
Where you want to go to college: Whichever one can get me a job right after graduation. Oops, too late for that.
What do you want to be when you grow up: Musician. In the next life: Astronaut. In the next life after that: lottery winner who travels the world.
What country would you most like to visit: Greece.

LAYER NINE:
Number of drugs taken illegally: 0
Number of people I could trust with my life: All of my family, plus maybe 5 other people.
Number of CDs that I own: A lot. Many of them "borrowed" from my dad's CD collection.
Number of piercings: 5
Number of tattoos: 0
Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper?: At least thrice.
Number of scars on my body: One on my left knee from diving for a ball on gravel while playing baseball in junior high P.E.
Number of things in my past that I regret: 3? ...Probably more.

1 comment:

  1. That's the same answer I would give for the CDs question. Oh, our dads. Why do you have so many good CDs that just beg to be "borrowed"?

    ReplyDelete