10.06.2005

SUCCESS!!!

I am now officially employed!!

I start work (training) at the Hilton-Starbucks in downtown Knoxville next Tuesday. Huzzah! There is much rejoicing to be done .... especially in the northern/Silicon Valley/San Luis Obispo areas of California where certain family members will no longer have to shell out money (eh, maybe not as often -- hahaha....) in my direction in order for my sorry arse to be able to eat. And pay bills. Yay!!!

More about the interview and everything later... In the meantime: HURRAYYYY!!!!!

ps. Moral of the story, boys and girls, is:

1 musician + 6 years of college = $7.00/hr. *sigh*

Life can be funny sometimes. And by funny, I mean tragic and unamusing. Ha.

6 comments:

  1. Right on Ys!
    Congrats on your new found employment.
    I have not only been rejected from Starbucks once- but twice. I hear three times a charm- as I will find out in a couple of months!
    Thanks for your blog info- looks like I've missed a few entries! I particularly like the one about the middle school children...Aughh indeed. I know that one well...
    I have a date tonight-I'll call you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAY! When you figure out how to make cappuccino, I'd appreciate some pointers. Damn foamed milk, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay me! Is it sad to be this happy about getting a $7-an-hour job after more than 6 years of college?? ....Eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Ys!!! I'm so coming to visit you... but don't worry, I'll let you get settled first :)

    ReplyDelete