5.05.2006

Happy (debatable) Cinco de Mayo

I feel the need. The need for speed. And a bullet list:
  • At the risk of sounding like I have a chemical dependency problem -- which is actually pretty humorous considering that the random mid-week cocktail b*tchfest I enjoyed with my cool co-workers the other day (which, by the way, was AWESOME!!) was the only time I actually had anything to drink in probably the last month -- I just have to say that it is only shortly past 10 in the morning and I. Need. A. Drink.
  • Reason being? Crazed, lunatic, irritating-as-hell supervisor is causing me to have fantasies of pushing her off the nearby bridge. Or kicking her off the nearby bridge. Or roundhouse-kicking her off the nearby bridge. I don't care how it happens, I just want her to go over the nearby bridge.
  • And then maybe she can get eaten by a troll after I roundhouse-kick her over the nearby bridge. Yes, that would be fun.
  • But the bright side? After work, Scott and I are going to have dinner with Jim (Scott's hetero boyfriend) and Elizabeth (Scott's hetero boyfriend's girlfriend) at Agave Azul, during which I will commence numbing my work-related anger via one margarita on the rocks with salt. Or three. And then some flan.
  • After which we will head over to Ben's house where he is having a Cinco de Mayo party, where I will continue my liquid therapy. A party to which I invited the entire symphony administrative staff to during our staff meeting earlier this week. Ha. I hope they come...except for the one who will not be able to attend due to having been eaten by a troll earlier during the day.
  • And while I've decided to go this route with today's entry, can I just say that I slept wrong on my left side 3 nights ago and my shoulder is still killing me! Waaaah. Pity, party of one. I took the only pain medication I had left in the arsenal of emergency pills I keep in my purse, which, unfortunately, happened to be Excedrin Migraine. I am hoping the magical pain-relief molecules will realize that I don't have a raging headache (except for the metaphorical one being caused by my non-troll eaten crazy supervisor) and will transfer themselves to my left shoulder region.
  • And because I feel I should close things up with a positive bullet point: Scott and I went and saw two movies last night. This was partly a bad idea since I knew it would cause me to be sleep-deprived at work today, but whatevs. It was fun. We saw Ice Age II: The Meltdown (Cute! The acorn-obsessed squirrel thing was hilarious...) and MI:3 (Where we ran into a gaggle of UT School of Music underlings. The movie was highly enjoyable despite having to watch Creepy Tom "My favorite activies include long walks on the beach and brainwashing my child-bride" Cruise for two hours).
  • Ok, that's all. A couple cool non-crazed co-workers have summoned me to their office to eat lunch and have a mini-b*tchfest. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment