5.08.2006

"Oh, wait. The crunchy stuff is wax?"

It was Bossman's 40th birthday today. In honor of this momentous event, the staff decorated the outside windows of our office building with bright neon signs informing the entire passing public of his big Four-Oh, the steps and walkway to our office with yellow security tape informing the entire inside office pedestrians that they were, indeed, inside the "40 Year Old Party Zone," and, last but not least, Bossman's office with black streamers and ballons informing the Bossman himself that he was one year closer to meeting his maker. Oh, and the whole staff wore black to the office. Ha. But most importantly, when Bossman came into the office, we all proceeded to the conference room to eat Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for breakfast.

The quote of they day had to have been by our Operations Director, who realized a little too late that the melted candles had left a little extra suprise on her piece of cake.

In other news, I have put off doing the next set of minutes from the last Executive Committee Meeting (oy, which was over 2 weeks ago...) and I need to get it done by tomorrow. Blech. I hate transcribing minutes. I realize now that if I had to choose my least favorite task at work, it would have to be taking and transcribing minutes. ...Or answering the phone. Or anything that has to do with crazy frenetic supervisor. Pretty much anything that isn't surfing the web and eating office cake.

Haha. Just kidding.........or aaaam I?

Blech. Back to doing these damned minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, red velvet cake. I must move back south RIGHT NOW.

    So, Miss Moving to Seattle, does that mean there will be a job opening on the KSO staff for next year...?

    I'm kidding. Really. Or am I? D'oh.

    ReplyDelete