5.03.2006

Oh, what a night...

Several of us from the symphony staff (i.e. the non-crazed/non-frenzied/non-uptight/etc. ones) decided to continue aforementioned birthday co-worker's celebrations last night and went out for Mexican food and margaritas after work. Can I tell you how nice it is to a) have cool co-workers who are in your age-group, b) be able to hang out socially with said cool co-workers after a long day's (week's, month's...) work, and c) drink copious amounts of tequila with cool co-workers and proceed to mercilessly bash (mostly in the form of bad drunken impersinations and mockery) non-present un-cool co-workers for 4 hours straight?

Good. Times.

In addition to the many annoyances and irritations I have been bottling up inside about certain other co-workers, many of secrets that I have been withholding from the office also seem to have been aired out during the course of the evening. This may or may have been a result of the margarita consumption that was taking place concurrently.

Namely, I confessed (Damn you, tequila!!) to the group that, hey, you know how I'm taking a one-week vacation at the end of May because I'm going home for a few days? Yeah, um, I'm actually using that vacation time to fly to Seattle where -- oh, did I not mention that I'm leaving this job in a couple of months? -- I am hoping to look into some apartments and job opportunities. Oh yeah, and while I'm on the subject, I also realized that I'm actually only going to be out of town until the middle of that week, but I'm just going to go ahead and take the full week's vacation anyway and just hide-out from work. Mainly because my birthday is later that week and I don't want to work that day or the day after. Does that make me a bad person? If you answered "yes": Don't be jealous!

You may think that the pre-emptive purging of my work-related sins was a bad move on my part. But it's not.

Case in point: Communications Manager's response to my crafty one-week covert operation? "Ysabel, we'll keep your secret if you promise to let us take you out on your birthday."

I only hope the people I end up working with in Seattle will be as cool as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment