2.12.2010

When life gives you Olympics lemons, you make Olympics lemonade.

And when life doesn't hand you a ticket to Vancouver for the Olympics Opening Ceremonies to see the torch-lighting, you make do with a tea light and a Schmooblebuns:



ps. Uploading this video took roughly nine seconds. WTF, Blogger?


***

Also, check out the scene at out apartment courtyard this morning, after The Great Dallas Blizzard of 2010:






























































































Can you imagine how awesome it would be if we actually had friends here and I could just call them up and be all, "Hey guys, why don't you all come over and we can drink Hot Toddies 'round the outdoor fireplace and maybe take a dip in the bubbly hot Splooge Tub surrounded by the pretty white snow and pretend we are rich vacationing yuppies in Aspen before we head upstairs in time to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremonies?" Oh my God, and I just had visions of it being cold enough that the swimming pool actually froze over completely and we could all strap on our ice skates (because everyone who lives in Texas owns their own ice skates...) and have our own drunken Olympics event! Guh, I think I just soiled myself over the thought. But that could also be because of the spoiled cheesecake I ate last night.

*sigh*


Unfortunately, Schmoobs is currently six hours away at a Nerd Convention so, in this life at least, it'll just be me, BB and Bela. Minus the Splooge Tub because they don't keep it heated during the frigid winter months. Harumph. Tell me why we're paying all this money to live in this complex again? Blurgh. ...Meh, no time for self-pity today. Olympics Olympics Olympics!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment