8.22.2007

Blergh.

So I'm home, sick from work today. Not the "hahaha I called in sick" fun kind, but the "ugh, I can't believe I'm really sick" sucky kind. So the majority of my day will be spent as it is being spent currently, namely lying in bed under the covers with my head propped up by pillows, laptop on, as it should be, my lap and desperately chugging an entire 64 ounce jug of cranberry juice (...aaand now all my female readers know instantly what I am suffering from). I'll probably update more as the day progresses because, well, what the hell else am I going to do today except wallow in self-pity and curse the apparent fragility of my hoo-hah? And also because my new layout is so freakin' cute that I can't help but stare at it all day. And mentally will all of you to leave me comments. Hint.


UPDATE: I've managed to get myself out of bed long enough to eat some Chinese take-out (thanks to my Schmoobs), watch an episode of the Simpsons and take a shower. Even if one's vaj (sorry) is misbehaving, that is no excuse to not be so fresh and so clean clean, as the old adage goes. Also, payday is in less than two days, so I am having a good time making a mental list of the things I will be able to purchase with the upcoming paycheck:
  • A new stock of contact lenses: this new type that my most recent eye doctor has me using tends to fall out of commission even if I fall asleep with them on for like only 30 minutes. Unacceptable. Must find a new brand that will allow me to take multiple cat naps throughout the day without having to toss out a pair of contacts every time.
  • Some Miang Kum: as I have recently touted this delectable Thai treat to Scott as The Most Delicious Vegetarian Appetizer Ever, there is no choice now but to go and have some so I can prove myself right. Also so that I can eat some more Miang Kum.
  • Tickets to go see "Superbad": we were supposed to go watch this last weekend. Instead, we chose to be lazy and stayed in and ate Chinese take-out and watched Season 2 of Sleeper Cell on DVD. Man, what a frickin' great show. But don't expect to be in a good mood after watching it.
  • Something at Target. I don't know what. The old tried and true (Kleenex)? It's true, we are out of Kleenex tissues in this joint. Or maybe some candles. Because Bela's box has been overdue for a cleaning for a few days now and the living room smells of cat piss. And no amount of open-window aeration will get rid of that.

Ugh, I'm so low on energy even something so usually joyous as a shopping list is boring to me. Perhaps Samson's hair is to his strength as a well-behaved vaj (sorry) is to my blogging skillz? Hm, there's a theory worth exploring. Or not. Anyhoo, back to the chugging of the cranberry juice...

3 comments:

  1. Awww. Being sick sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likeee your new layout. But did you say the background is a shade of buttercream yellow? I see a shade of soft green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one right before was anattempted shade of buttercream...but that only lasted a couple of days. I like this one much better!

    ReplyDelete