8.31.2007

Friday.....praise Jeebus.

I have naught but the energy to say this: There is a cafe/diner next door to where I work called "Steve's." It's not listed on the menu, but if you ask him, he'll make you some homemade potato chips. Delicious, thick and crispy deep fried potato slices fresh off the stove. They are ridiculous. Ridiculously tasty, that is. And an entire order of them is only $2. Like, who is going to resist that? Nobody, that's who. Most especially not me. To be precise: I didn't resist them a few days ago when Greatest Print Assistant Ever bought some for lunch and all but demanded that I share them with her. Nor did I resist them yesterday as a mid-afternoon snack used to psyche myself up further for the final opening-of-boxes party of the season. And I didn't resist them just now because...well, they're freaking delicious. Did I say that already?

It's getting to the point now where, when I placed my order today, the waitress started laughing and said, "Dang, girl!" and then when I brought them back to my desk and proceeded to munch on them, a co-worker came over and felt compelled to say, "Ysabel. You are eating an Entire. Box. Full. Of. Chips." Damn straight, I am. But I got a bottle of awesomely healthy V8 vegetable juice to go along with it, so I think it evens itself out, don't you think?

***

In Ysabel-Is-Ridiculous-And-Takes-Forever-To-Do-ANYTHING-Vaguely-Resembling-Responsibility-And-Adulthood news: (un)Lucky is now legally registered in the state of Washington. Only 1 year and 2 months later than his previous registration's expiration*. Oops. Good thing I never got caught. Yeah, that's right. I'm too fast for you, po po! Wooowoooo!


* ...aaaand now my parents will commence the dialing of my cellphone number so that they can kindly lecture me on how to behave like an actual grown up. *sigh* I know....

No comments:

Post a Comment