8.29.2007

What. A. Day.

Well, I guess the lunar eclipse came and went and I was not even there to witness the universe in all its celestial lunar-ly glory. Bah humbug. Well, I was there. Just oblivious and asleep. At least it wasn't a total solar eclipse (not that you would be able to un-knowingly miss that anyway), because then I'd be devastated.

***

In other print-buying-related news: So I came into work expecting our final giant shipment of band method books, because my rep had told me that they were "almost definitely" going to come today. I wore my jeans that have a hole in the butt because they're comfortable and I can wear them with flip-flops, as well as my totally-inappropriate-for-work pink tank top because I thought I would be outside all day again cursing my way through nearly one hundred roughly 70 lb. boxes of books in 80-degree sunshine.

But noon came and went and I never got any boxes.

So I called up the publisher to see if they could tell me exactly when these books would be arriving. I couldn't get a hold of my rep, so I just talked to somebody else on the phone...and was promptly informed that, "Oh, I'm showing two identical orders for $24,000 worth of band books that have been shipped to you." To which I promptly replied, "Oooh, hells no. I only want one order." (Not really, but that's the gist.)

Anyway, the back story is that I faxed in this order originally about 3 weeks ago. My rep then promptly high-tailed it out of the office at about the same time to go on vacation. When he got back about a week later, I called him up to get an ETA of this shipment and he told me that he "could not find the order anywhere so the fax must not have gone through" (even though I had a fax sheet telling me that it did go through, but whatev...) and I just "need to re-fax the order so he can take care of it." Which I did. Except that now it is clear as day that the original fax did go through. And now I've got two shipments of these f*ing books already on their way to me. And my f*ing rep can't even tell me what day to expect them so that I can prepare for the day. Which is a problem, when your department is a staff of TWO people. Counting myself. On a good day.

If these books come in on Friday, I swear to God I'm just going to set a lighter to them, because Greatest Print Assistant Ever is off on Fridays, meaning I will be left to my own devices to figure out what the hell to do with this doubley-craptastic mound of books.

In closing, I finally tracked down my rep, swiftly informed him of the situation, to which he said initially, "Hmmm...for some reason it looks like this order was entered twice. Thaaat's weird..." to which I replied, "Hmmm...actually, it looks like my original fax did go through but you just couldn't find it, doofus." (Again, not really.) And then he said, "Oh, don't worry, whatever happens, I'll take care of it" to which I replied, "Um, yeah you will...doofus." Because there's no way that I'm hauling around 100 more boxes of books that I never even ordered to begin with. I've already got two bum shoulders out of this, and have run out of shoulders to sacrifice.

4 comments:

  1. "Ebay"? Wait, I don't get it. Am I dense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't know what to do with the rest of the books... haha side business. JK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...hahaha. Don't think I won't do it :) But a giant parking lot bonfire with marshmallows and weiners on sticks sounds good too...

    ReplyDelete