8.24.2007

Countdown to Thai Food and "Superbad"!!

10:10 am: Stroll into work only slightly (okay okay okay, one hour and 10 minutes...) later than had hoped. No latte in hand. Boo.

10:10 - 10:15 am: Check personal email and blog. One forwarded email from my mummy and no new comments from my readers. Blargh.

10:20 am: Check work email. 24 unread emails in my Inbox. Criminy!! What have I been doing all week?! ...Oh yeah, suffering from a case of the Faulty Hoo-Hah and sorting through a ridiculously large number of music method books.

10:30 am: Actual work in the dungeon (i.e. the basement warehouse wherein we keep our overstock of books and possibly some dead bodies).

11:00 am: Emerge from the dungeon. Prolonged exposure in that environment leads to me sneezing every 2 seconds for the rest of the day. I must be allergic to all the hidden dead bodies.

11:05 am: Somebody please tell me not to make a Star*ucks run right now because it is payday and I don't care if caffeine is supposed to be bad for a misbehaving vaj, I haven't had a latte in like 3 days because I've been too busy chugging cranberry juice and popping cranberry pills and did I mention it's payday? and that I've spent the last two weeks lugging a ridiculous amount of boxes filled with trillions of method books around? because the men who work in my company are apparent wussies who won't even offer to lift one f*ing box to help out myself or Greatest Print Assistant Ever and, yeah, I get that you think it's impressive and cute that I can lift boxes that weigh almost as much as I do but, damn, help a sister out! and I deserve an f*ing latte from f*ing Star*ucks goddmanit.

11:25 am: Seriously, though. I can have a latte if I just pop 2 extra cranberry supplement pills, right? Right?!

11:26 am: Down to 15 emails in my Inbox. This would go by much faster if I a) had a computer and an internet connection that actually functioned as a part of the twenty-first century, and not from the time when Mook first discovered how to make fire, and b) had a sufficient amount of hot crack caffeine coursing through my veins.

12:22 pm: Dear lord, it's taking this piece of garbage a full minute just to open up a simple Excel document.

12:23 pm: And I've just realized that this thing won't let me log into Blogger and my work email account at the same time. Zounds! This cuts my total productivity *stifles laughter* in half!

12:23 and 30 seconds pm: Scott really needs to text me back to let me know if he'll be meeting me here for lunch. I'm a patient person, but not when my stomach is devoid of both Star*ucks and general nutrition. Namely in the form of Thai food (across the street). Or tomato and basil soup (across the street, next to the Thai place). Or homemade potato chips (next door). Ugh, seriously. Text me back.

12:32 pm: Text to Scott: "Um, hellooooo" (Is it possible to convey that level of attitude in a text message? I sure hope so.)

12:50 pm: Oh good lord, I forgot to mention this --

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SARAH L. AND ROBYN WITH A Y!

12:52 pm: Oh, for crying out loud. Text me back! My stomach is eating itself...

12:59 pm: Go upstairs to grab a handful of pretzels to ease my angered (empty) belly.

1:03 pm: Come back to my desk to find 3 text messages from Scott (go figure). No lunch date, apparently. Bah humbug. If Greatest Print Assistant Ever were here, I'd buy her lunch. And a bottle of awesome Filipino beer. But she's not. So I won't. Perhaps I'll take off early instead.....

1:20 pm: I'm taking a walk to the post-office. I've got a car payment that needs to be mailed, it's a nice day, I'm rotting from the inside out in this joint, and I've got a zillion paper cuts and 3 damaged cuticles that tell me I can do whatever the hell I want for the rest of the day. So there.

1:58 pm: I'm baaaack. I bought 2 of these! Hooray! Awesome stamps these are! Use them to mail off my bill payments I will!

2:01 pm: Okay, change of plans. Goin' home early, having lunch with the Schmoobs, probably taking catnap #1, also probably taking shower #2, having some delicious Thai food for dinner, then off to watch "Superbad." Hooray hooray hooray! See ya suckas!

2:03 pm: ps. I didn't end up having any Star*ucks today (thus far...). The drive home is perilously full of Star*ucks drive-thrus and corner latte stands, however...

***

4:18 pm: GAK! So I came home, went to Chevy's for lunch with Scotty McScotterson (chicken flautas and sweet corn tomalito...mmm) and tried to turn on my laptop -- and it's dead!!!Noooooooooooo!!!

4:20 pm: Call big brother Mr. Computer Science Genius in a panic. If I recall, the conversation went a little something like this:


  • Big Brother: "Hello?"


  • Me: "MY COMPUTER'S DEAAAAAD!!!!"


  • Big Brother: *sigh*


  • Me: "WHEN I TRY TO TURN IT ON IT GOES TO THAT FIRST WINDOWS START SCREEN THING BUT THEN IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY GO INTO WINDOWS, IT GOES TO THIS BLACK SCREEN THAT JUST SAYS 'ERROR DETECTED HARD DRIVE SOMETHING SOMETHING CONTROL ALT DELETE SOMETHING SOMETHING' BUT WHEN I PRESS CONTROL ALT DELETE IT JUST GOES BACK TO THAT WINDOWS SCREEN THING AND DOES THE WHOLE THING OVER AGAIN AAAAAAAAAUUUGGHHH..."


  • Big Brother: *double sigh*

Anyhoo, long story short, he had me dig up my Windows XP re-install CD (And, by the way, way to go me for finding it! ...In a plastic bag within a plastic bag, that was within a giant paper bag underneath a pile of clothes in the corner of a closet. Score!), and I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but when I stuck the CD in the drive, it somehow caused my computer to boot up normally and now I am maniacally hurrying to try and get all my digital pictures uploaded onto my Flickr site so that I can re-install Windows XP on this thing (thereby erasing all my old files) before it decides to start not working again. Bleah.

6 comments:

  1. You live a crazy and tortured life. Btw, Kat says you live in a Hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMmm. This fresh-brewed coffee I'm having sure is delicious. I might go back and have a latte just for good measure. And then a cappucino. MMM. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cruel!!! A hundred UTIs upon your vagina!!! ...Oh wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to point this out. UTIs should not be in your vagina. Those are two different sets of plumbing. Perhaps a trip to the doc to clear up any misunderstanding?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever, it's all in one centralized location.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!!

    So why do you have a UTI anyway??? =D

    ReplyDelete