10.20.2010

It's only Wednesday??

Scenes from Ear Training, Episode Two:

Freshman: "Do we have a test in Ear Training tomorrow?"
Me: "Did you just ask me if we have a test tomorrow?"
Freshman: "Yes."
Me: "That's because you weren't in class yesterday, were you?"
Freshman: "Oh. Um...yeah."
Me: "We have a sight singing test tomorrow and a dictation test on Tuesday."
Freshman: "But what if it hurts me to sing? I've had a sore throat for a few days."
Me: "Well, if you can talk, you can sing, can't you?"
Freshman: "Barely...but it hurts."
Me: "Then I guess you should quit with the talking."


Also, let's check in on The Ever-Expanding List of Things Wrong With Winnie the Old Toyota That Ysabel Can't Afford to Fix, shall we?:


1. Busted headlight. It's not the bulb, because I already bought a new bulb and installed it myself (which may or may not have taken me an hour to do) so it's probably electronic. As a result, I have been driving around with my brights on for a few weeks now, probably pissing off the greater DFW metropolitan area. Whatever, I'm not getting pulled over for a broken headlight, ya dig? Especially when my car has automatic daylights, which make me even more conspicuously vulnerable to the coppers. (I probably will for driving with my brights on, though...)


2. Oil leak. My oil warning light comes on every two weeks like clockwork. And so I have to top it off with 2 quarts of oil every weekend. I brought it in to a shop, but they told me they couldn't find a leak anywhere. However, they also told me that my oil tank was nearly empty when they checked on it - two weeks after I had gotten an oil change. Also, they told me that my dip stick was the wrong size and so I wouldn't be able to tell on my own if it was empty or not. Cool.


3. Flattish left rear tire. Stupid never-ending construction on my daily commute. They've torn up the road completely and I can feel the dollars falling out of my pockets with every pothole, groove and bump I have to drive over every morning. 


4. Worn brake pads. Almost forgot this one. Who needs fully-functioning brakes anyway, right? Last time I was at an auto shop (a little over a month ago, I think...I blocked it out), I went in for a simple wheel balancing and alignment and came out having to buy two new tires. And then they told me that my brake pads were on their last legs. Yeah, so that was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment