12.28.2007

I did iiiiiiiit!!!

Spent the final evening of my glorious California holiday vacation by having a veritable girls' night with my sister, mummy and two neices getting assorted hairs cut -- and my head is now like ten pounds lighter! Not sure exactly how much they cut, but it seriously seems like it was a foot. My hair went from being almost down to my butt crack and is now just barely past my shoulders. No regrets at all, I have to say. I am eager to see what it looks like tomorrow now that I've showered away the heavy product and blowdry business they did after the haircut (which I haaate) and should have my normal hair goop free tresses in the morning. Huzzah!

Anyway, the time with family and friends has been a blast. Wonderful memories, lots of good food, great company, hilarious pictures, an extra suitcase filled with nothing but Christmas Loot, and one especially disturbing round of The Annual White Elephant Gift Exchange at our family's Christmas party involving not only my older brother walking away with a banana hammock made out of candy, but also my mother and aunt giggling and needling each other on the couch while making massaging-balls (yes, that kind) motions with their hands. And that, my friends, is my cue to leave.

No, but really. The winding down of visits home is always a strange mix of melancholy and gladness. It's hard to leave my family because I live too far away to see them on a regular basis and am never sure exactly when I'll see them again (except this year, when we're taking a family vacation to Maui in March! Woo!), but also very excited to go back to the semblance of normalcy and routine that my Schmoobles and I have created for ourselves. But seriously, I'm thankful to not have to witness my own mother pantomime the massaging of a set of imaginary nuts for at least a few months.

And on that note: Here's to a New Year filled with gladness, joy, excitement and much much less hair on my noggin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment